kswx29

Kansas-Missouri Statewide Tornado Drill - Topeka

Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:41 am

Well, I had tests I needed to do so I wasn't able to get out and record any sirens, so I made best and recorded the drill from school. The windows were open so you can hear 2 Thunderbolts in the beginning, and occasionally throughout the video. Sorry about the annoying tornado alarm...I also have a recording from my house (I had my tape recorder on Auto) I will post that once YouTube decides to straighten up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uehzVFAZDfc
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:43 am

Sigh, wish my old digital video camera would transfer over the audio clip to my pc. :|

Had camera microphone pointing north of me, where much of Olathe's sirens are located. By how I heard everything standing outside, the sirens south of me never sounded [Spring Hill area]. Same with the siren over by the Overland Park arboretum, usually can hear that one. Unsure if they were setting the sirens off in zones today or not.

On a side note, the attack [hi/low] on the older 2001's had a much more omnious tone than the newer ones; and the older 2001 is over by home Depot / Target / i35 area [EDIT: Here's a poor quality google map image of it: Click here. New ones just sounded like the average fire truck siren on steroids. :D

Despite the annoying school tornado tone, not too bad! High School I graduated from a year or so ago now used a high Low just like the whelen siren here. :)
--bc

Chiz

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:17 pm

That video of the tornado siren test is very good. I like the Tbolts in the background. By the way are they by any chance the single toned tbolt's in Topeka or is it both? The school alarm is annoying tbh but at least it gets the message across and that video of the Whelen 4004 doing hi-lo is awsome wish we had them down here in Australia.

kswx29

Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:32 pm

Topeka has both Single and Dual tone Thunderbolts. Two Single Tone Thunderbolts were heard in the video.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Videos and Media”