quiksmith10

Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:25 pm

Towaladda124 wrote:Please allow me to jump on the band wagon. I joined the board and started asking questions without introducing myself. My name's Matt, I'm a 23 year old firefighter and siren fanatic. Like I said on another post I was facinated by the two thunderbolts that were at my hometown fire department. One was a 1000 or 1000T, and the other was a 1003, that was used as the volunteer siren. They dissapeared in '91 when they were taken down when the station was remodeled, and I've been trying to locate one just to hear that Hi-Lo wail again. But my ultimate goal is to aquire one and re-condition it. So sorry I didn't do this earlier, and I look forward to talking with you guys.
It's good to see somebody from central MD on the board. I'm a native from Frederick, MD. I'm curious as to what county you are a fire fighter in and what station you serve for.
Brandon Smith

Whelen Rules

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:11 pm

Welcome to the board
Tyler Lund

Towaladda124

Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:51 pm

quiksmith10 wrote:
Towaladda124 wrote:Please allow me to jump on the band wagon. I joined the board and started asking questions without introducing myself. My name's Matt, I'm a 23 year old firefighter and siren fanatic. Like I said on another post I was facinated by the two thunderbolts that were at my hometown fire department. One was a 1000 or 1000T, and the other was a 1003, that was used as the volunteer siren. They dissapeared in '91 when they were taken down when the station was remodeled, and I've been trying to locate one just to hear that Hi-Lo wail again. But my ultimate goal is to aquire one and re-condition it. So sorry I didn't do this earlier, and I look forward to talking with you guys.
It's good to see somebody from central MD on the board. I'm a native from Frederick, MD. I'm curious as to what county you are a fire fighter in and what station you serve for.
Ha wow I wasn't expecting to see someone so close to home :lol:
I live in Damascus, MD which is where I had my first Thunderbolt experience many years ago.

I still live in northern Montgomery County, and work for Frederick County Division of Fire & Rescue Services, downtown at the Ladder Company

quiksmith10

Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:32 pm

Towaladda124 wrote:Ha wow I wasn't expecting to see someone so close to home :lol:
I live in Damascus, MD which is where I had my first Thunderbolt experience many years ago.

I still live in northern Montgomery County, and work for Frederick County Division of Fire & Rescue Services, downtown at the Ladder Company
Thats cool to hear you are working at Citizens Truck Company #4.

As far as Thunderbolts in the area, from what I saw, Hagerstown still has a Thunderbolt still up from their long defunct system on one of their downtown government buildings. It is inactive but probably will not be coming down due to the price of having to lower it off of the building. Also, as your may already know, Baltimore still has their old CD system up that consists of Thunderbolts and other various Federal sirens.
Brandon Smith

Thedon

Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:23 pm

3t22 wrote:Welcome. I live in CT and have been planning a trip to Wolcott to hear their sirens especially the 2 restored SD-10s they either are getting or just got. If you haven't already seen it here'sa topic on them
http://www.airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=310
i belive the siren that i would hear is on the vounter firefighter house.. i dont rember the name but its close to longmeadow dr...

and they had one on the elementry school? interesting never noticed it and i lived half mile from the school

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”