ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:27 pm

Sorry to hear about your bad luck! It's good that there are people like us recording these sirens, so that Emergency Management and Civil Defense can be made aware of these problems. That EOWS1212 was one of the most pitiful sounding sirens I've ever heard.

I had two people record sirens for me last test day, which ended up being either dead or sick sirens. The low pitched tan Thunderbolt 1000T at PRP VFD #1 completely failed to sound, and the 2001 at the JCPS Bus Compound appeared to be running only on batteries, which appeared to be dying. At least the South Dixie VFD 2T22, and the Thunderbolt and the Whelen at the Water Company sounded successfully.
Last edited by ver tum on Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:47 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

kswx29

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:54 pm

coyoteunknown wrote:The last time Siloam Springs sirens sounded was on February 8th, which I have a system recording of them on youtube. Otherwise, the latest test dates keep getting pushed back due to the threat of weather. April 4ths test has been canceled now too, grrr.
Benton County (or what ever county Siloam Springs is in) was just under a Tornado Warning not to long ago...
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

coyoteunknown

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:18 pm

2t22boy wrote:
coyoteunknown wrote:The last time Siloam Springs sirens sounded was on February 8th, which I have a system recording of them on youtube. Otherwise, the latest test dates keep getting pushed back due to the threat of weather. April 4ths test has been canceled now too, grrr.
Benton County (or what ever county Siloam Springs is in) was just under a Tornado Warning not to long ago...
Really? Well the last few days I've been heavily medicated since my surgery. I remember their being a lot of lightning/thunder and heavy rain but I never heard them go off while I was visiting the surgeon on the 31st. Surgery was during the morning of the 1st and since than I've been home but medicated.

We're supposed to have some severe weather tonight and tomorrow, so maybe I can get another system recording, it depends on how well I feel. Right now I feel like a truck ran over my stomach.

Edit: We've been under numerous Severe Thunderstorm warnings, but Siloam Springs doesn't sound the sirens for anything except Tornado Warnings. Is there a site that displays when the recent tornado warnings were? I should have been able to hear them, I think.

Edit: And yes, Siloam Springs is in Benton County. It's in the southern boot heel portion of it.

Archon

Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:20 pm

Well my Sentry 10V2T went off twice. 1st at noon and than 5 minutes later for the monthly test for 3 minutes all recorded.

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:42 am

Archon wrote:Well my Sentry 10V2T went off twice. 1st at noon and than 5 minutes later for the monthly test for 3 minutes all recorded.
Great! Glad to hear that not ALL the sirens are going on "strike". :lol:
-Ian M.

sirenman1bd

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:01 pm

mr_thunderbolt1003 wrote:
Archon wrote:Well my Sentry 10V2T went off twice. 1st at noon and than 5 minutes later for the monthly test for 3 minutes all recorded.
Great! Glad to hear that not ALL the sirens are going on "strike". :lol:
Really!
There is a thunderbolt siren in my head, it is always going off...

Return to “Videos and Media”