kswx29

3 Thunderbolt 1000 videos

Tue May 06, 2008 3:49 am

Downtown Topeka Thunderbolt 1000 - Click HERE
Logan Jr. High Thunderbolt 1000 - Click HERE
TFD #9 Thunderbolt 1000 - Click HERE
=No Picture=
Kina weird all three news stations in Topeka went and filmed the same model siren today, but it now confirms that all of the Thunderbolts in Topeka/Shawnee County are set on a 2RPM setting. I was outside during the testing and heard 2 Thunderbolt 1000s, a very spooky sound. I tried to record it but we was doing Cinco de Mayo celebrations in Spanish Class so all you really hear is Spanish songs...i am debating on rather to upload it.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

tboltkid520

Tue May 06, 2008 11:33 pm

I'm guessing that the siren that he was talking about that didn't sound loud enough was probably a Thunderbolt with a non-operating blower, based on what he said about it being one of the oldest ones in the county.

kswx29

Wed May 07, 2008 2:12 am

tboltkid520 wrote:I'm guessing that the siren that he was talking about that didn't sound loud enough was probably a Thunderbolt with a non-operating blower, based on what he said about it being one of the oldest ones in the county.
He was referring to a 500AT being about 50 years old. The thunderbolt not being loud enough had a broken rotator, according to local Media today.
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Return to “Videos and Media”