coyoteunknown

Fri May 09, 2008 5:26 am

md5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:Isn't it a Mars siren?
Could you elaborate a bit more about this? I've no idea what a mars siren evenly is, and so forth. :? Talking like sounds, when it was used/manufactured and so forth.
Here's a single-headed MARS siren in Mounds, OK.

They're quite rare.

red04stanggt

Fri May 09, 2008 7:10 am

coyoteunknown wrote:
md5 wrote:
Daniel wrote:Isn't it a Mars siren?
Could you elaborate a bit more about this? I've no idea what a mars siren evenly is, and so forth. :? Talking like sounds, when it was used/manufactured and so forth.

They're quite rare.
That thing looks scary

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Fri May 09, 2008 12:37 pm

red04stanggt wrote:
coyoteunknown wrote:
md5 wrote:Could you elaborate a bit more about this? I've no idea what a mars siren evenly is, and so forth. :? Talking like sounds, when it was used/manufactured and so forth.

They're quite rare.
That thing looks scary
Oh man, if Spring Hill is going to do away with this dual headed siren, I want it, so bad. :|
--bc

bigloudnoise

Fri May 09, 2008 1:00 pm

Here's a picture of a dual-headed Mars siren, like the one shown in your video. This one is located only about six miles away from where I live, in Mount Auburn, Iowa (This is actually a "what is this" collage from back when I was asking what kind of siren this is):

Ignore the captions and whatnot on the pictures. I know what it is now. It's just the only picture I had readily available for sharing here.

It's too bad your Mars siren didn't sound, because I've NEVER heard Mount Auburn's sounding, and I so much want to hear what they sound like.

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Fri May 09, 2008 1:49 pm

Same, one side seems to have 8 ports and another at 14 or 16 on the siren I found. I'm guessing it would have the near sound of a ACA Screamer or so (only name of a siren that came to mind). :?

Looks like the siren pictures that have have taken show that siren has been moderately maintained. Despite the weathering of it over time. :)
--bc

Return to “Videos and Media”