Matt Hackler
YouTube Username: Matt Hackler

Two Indiana siren tests

Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:26 pm

Here are two siren test video's

The first one is in Indianapolis. I was on the top level of the Indiana Capitol Complex parking garage. I was not in town for the purpose of the test so was not really ready for it. But I figured what the hell. I got the 1 min. of Alert on the old system. The new system probably sounded it's attack and alert first, then the old system did it's rounds of attack and alert. I missed all but this last one. This goes to show that the new system is still not complete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YZPvOdMAaE

This vid was from our test here in Delaware County today. I've been going to different parks in town and reporting back to the EMA on just how well covered the parks are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sd6Sfk3_NA

Hopefully I can get more Friday's off and record more siren tests. But anyway, enjoy....
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

kswx29

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:30 pm

So during Tornado Warnings, do they sound both the old and new systems together, or wait 3 minutes until the other system is done and sound the other system?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

Matt Hackler

Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:55 pm

As far as I know they sound them both at the same time. Obviously both are activated by different systems. But the stipulation was that the old system atleast until individual sirens are replaced has to remain functional until the new system is 100% installed.
"The Federal Thunderbolt siren is a rotating-beam siren that disperses high-intensity warning signals over a large area." :TBolt:

ver tum
YouTube Username: LouisvilleTorn8o

Re: Two Indiana siren tests

Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:58 am

That Thunderbolt in the Indianapolis video seems louder than that 2001. Which one were you closer to?
Josh
Owner of a Federal Signal Model D
Audio
YouTube

cmoore

Re: Two Indiana siren tests

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:05 am

ver tum wrote:That Thunderbolt in the Indianapolis video seems louder than that 2001. Which one were you closer to?
I live in Indy..i think he was closer to the tbolt, but there are several 2001s near the location where he was at..idk i could be wrong though!
Naptown Sirens

Matt Hackler

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:24 am

The 2001 is on top of an 18 story building a little under half a mile to my east in this particular instance. It's in the core of downtown. The Thunderbolt is a little over half a mile to my northwest on top of a 3 story building at the IUPUI campus. It's a little farther from downtown. There is also a 2001 on Ohio St. between Senate and Capitol Avenues. This one is a new install and is only a quarter mile from my position. But since this siren is on the new system it was tested before I was able to record, otherwise it would have been heard over the other two.

Ninja Squirrel

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:50 am

In the first video, what's with that constant sound of something being knocked or hit? Sounds like an off-balance washing machine. o.O
The sniper rifle. For when you want to reach out and touch someone. Like blow their head off.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/HyperFlameGuy

Matt Hackler

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:53 am

One of two things, there was road construction going on a couple blocks away or it was ongoing construction at the new Lucas Oil Stadium.

kb1hwh

Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:49 pm

That banging sounds an awful lot like a pile driver.

Return to “Videos and Media”