red04stanggt

Now heres a low mounted model X at Olivet,KS

Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:44 am

I dont know all the models of these "model"' sirens but I belive this is one. I pass by this thing at olivet,ks on the train all the time and finnaly got a pic. Its a junk pic since its from my camera phone. Its mounted on top of the fire station.

kswx29

Re: Now heres a low mounted model X at Olivet,KS

Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:01 am

red04stanggt wrote:I dont know all the models of these "model"' sirens but I belive this is one. I pass by this thing at olivet,ks on the train all the time and finnaly got a pic. Its a junk pic since its from my camera phone. Its mounted on top of the fire station.

That is a Model 5. I think Osage County used to have a county wide siren system that consisted of Model 5s (each town now operates it's own system). Each town I have been to in Osage County has atleast 1 Model 5 (either active or inactive). Thanks for sharing that photo! Is that another siren on the side of that antenna pole?
-Once known as 2t22boy (Dylan)
Youtube | Flickr

md5
YouTube Username: bctrainers

Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:06 pm

I believe the images I have are in Parker, KS. Was heading back home after a funeral down there. A few blocks down, they had an old time siren control box mounted on the pole. About 500ft away from the siren at the VFD. Didn't snap a picture of that however, caught my eye at the last second as I was leaving the town.

I didn't realize at how large these sirens are. Model 5 or so?
--bc

red04stanggt

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm

They are very large sirens. At first I thought it was part of the ventilation system but then aw other pics of these model sirens then the fire station...its a siren

Return to “Videos and Media”