MIKEY

Emergency siren

Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:11 pm

I believe when engine 51 got their new engine, ( the ward la-france), there was a Q2-B mounted on the rig and the sound was an actual Q siren. I do remember the old crown truck with the speaker and the manual siren sound. i use to think that was funny. in some interior crown scenes, you could actually see a federal director control box on the dash.

zetronist

Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:12 am

You're right, Mikey. They did dub in the Q sound for the Ward LaFrance from season 2 on.

I just watched the pilot movie for Emergency again for the millionth time while I was working one of my paramedic shifts. It's rather funny-- they dub in several different siren sounds for the same unit in different scenes.

In a couple of the early episodes not only do they change siren sounds, often confusing mechanical sounds for units with electronic speakers and vice-versa, but they also change apparatus. In one quick scene, Engine 51 (supposed to be a Crown) parked at a distance is actually a Seagrave. When the camera goes back, it's a Crown again.

I guess they never thought that there would be "us" out there with a sharp eye, a sharp ear and knowledgable about which sirens sound like what.... LOL!

Hollywood.... It's in the Script :-)

John

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”