Cunningham Rd/ Lansing Ave. 2001
Springport Rd/ Kingsbrook 2001
Dettman/Osage 2001
County Airport 2001
Elm St./Chanter 2001
Parnall Rd/ Mills Park 2001

Leoni Twp
5th St Fire Station Michigan Center 2001
Page Ave/ Stillwell Model 5 (possibly no longer works)
East Jackson HS (Sutton Rd) 2001
Sargent Rd./ Brills Lk Rd. 2001
Portage Rd/ Greenwood 2001

Summit Twp.
Hart/US127 2001
Vandercook HS 2001
Cascade Ct. 2001
Robinson Rd/ Morell St. 2001
Jackson Christian School (Halstead Ave) Model 5 (possibly no longer works)
Hinkley/Horton (subdivison near by) 2001
Hague near Floyd Rd 2001
M-60/ Arbor Hills Dr 2001
also a 2001 shared with Leoni Twp I haven't found yet.

Grass Lake Village:
E. Michigan/ Drake St. 2001

Napoleon Twp.
Rexford Rd southside of Wolf Lake 2001
Napoleon HS (village) 2001
N. Stoney Lake Rd campground 2001
Moon Lk Rd 2001
NTFD Sta 2 (Ackerson Lk) 2001
Ollcott Lk Rd/ Napoleon Rd 2001

Columbia Twp.

Jefferson Rd/ Hayes Rd. 2001
Columbia Central HS? Hewitt Rd 2001
MIS Speedway 2001

Waterloo Twp.
Village of Munith, ACA ?
Coachman Cove MHP, ACA ?

Henrietta Twp :
Fire Station/ M-106 ACA ?

Spring Arbor Twp:
Fire Station, Model 5

Springport Village:
Fire Station, Old siren unknown what it is.

Concord Village:
Village Hall, Model 5

Parma Village:
Fire Station, Model 5 or Model 3

Hanover Twp.
Skyline Dr., Thunderbolt (in sad shape)

EL1998P71

Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:56 pm

So where's the pic's? Or when are you going to get pic's? :D
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

500AT

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:13 am

The last time I was in the village of Grass Lake, they had an old Federal Model 5 at the fire station, which has now moved. Interestingly enough, across the street at the original fire station, which is now the local library, there is an old single head Federal siren on the roof. Both of these sirens are classics.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

"When your siren's a failin', chances are it's a Whelen."

r4tbolts

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:12 am

500AT wrote:The last time I was in the village of Grass Lake, they had an old Federal Model 5 at the fire station, which has now moved. Interestingly enough, across the street at the original fire station, which is now the local library, there is an old single head Federal siren on the roof. Both of these sirens are classics.
Model 5 was taken down when the new Fire Station was built east of the Village about 3 or 4 years ago . I used to be a volunteer there a few years ago. Even got to hit the button a couple of times on the Model 5 for tornado warnings (3 minute attack cycle, gosh I relish those days). The siren on the Library has been there forever (way before my time) I think it was the oringinal fire siren from the olden days I would guess that one hasn't uttered a peep since the 60's and has to be pre WWll.

The 2001 was put up 2 years ago, sits in an alley (Drake off E. Mich) behind the drugstore downtown in the village and is activated by the County.

500AT

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:28 am

r4tbolts wrote:
Model 5 was taken down when the new Fire Station was built east of the Village about 3 or 4 years ago . I used to be a volunteer there a few years ago. Even got to hit the button a couple of times on the Model 5 for tornado warnings (3 minute attack cycle, gosh I relish those days). The siren on the Library has been there forever (way before my time) I think it was the oringinal fire siren from the olden days I would guess that one hasn't uttered a peep since the 60's and has to be pre WWll.

The 2001 was put up 2 years ago, sits in an alley (Drake off E. Mich) behind the drugstore downtown in the village and is activated by the County.
What was the fate of the old Model 5? That siren was purchased in 1967, and wasn't too old. However, the old siren on the original fire station was purchased in the early 1920s.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

r4tbolts

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:08 am

500AT wrote:
r4tbolts wrote:

What was the fate of the old Model 5? That siren was purchased in 1967, and wasn't too old. However, the old siren on the original fire station was purchased in the early 1920s.
I don't know I moved away before it was taken down. You might want to check with the the township. As far as I know it wasn't put up elsewhere. I know they went a couple of years without a siren before the 2001 was placed. I can't remember what year it was (3 years ago perhaps, maybe 4) a small tornado touched down in eastern Leoni and moved into Grass Lake Twp. It wasn't too long after that Grass Lake Twp and Grass Lake Village split the cost of a 2001. Grass Lake Twp also split the cost of a second 2001 on Wolf Lake with Napoleon Twp around the same time.

500AT

Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:40 pm

Summit Twp. FD, used to have a Federal Model 5 on their station at 17th Street and Carlton Blvd. Also, their station on Spring Arbor Road that was a restaurant at one time, had a Model 2 on the roof. Sadly, I believe these are gone now.

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

r4tbolts

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:14 pm

500AT wrote:Summit Twp. FD, used to have a Federal Model 5 on their station at 17th Street and Carlton Blvd. Also, their station on Spring Arbor Road that was a restaurant at one time, had a Model 2 on the roof. Sadly, I believe these are gone now.
The old Model 5 was mounted on the roof a school building at Halsted and Morrell. It is still there but I'm not sure if it's active now that the 2001's are in service. Summit has a new FD station on Spring Arbor Rd that repalced the one you mentioned. A couple of 2001's are near by but not located at that fire station.

500AT

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:39 pm

Now that I think about it, Napoleon Twp. Fire Dept., had a Federal Model 2 on their station. I believe it's on Brooklyn Road, near Austin Road. As to whether or not the siren is still there is a good question?

Sincerely yours,

Ron W.

r4tbolts

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:07 pm

500AT wrote:Now that I think about it, Napoleon Twp. Fire Dept., had a Federal Model 2 on their station. I believe it's on Brooklyn Road, near Austin Road. As to whether or not the siren is still there is a good question?
It was taken down when Napoleon built their new station at Brooklyn/Napoleon Rd and sold the old fire station. Also, the sale of the old fire station funded some of the purchase for the six 2001's that were put up in Napoleon Twp. Napoleon's Ackerson Lake Station still has an old siren (I have no idea what it is) on the building and a 2001 on a pole next to the station. For a rural twp Napoleon has one of the better siren coverages in the state IMO.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”