holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

2T22 tested on a trailer (got it right this time)

Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:57 am

We gave the 2t22 another shot today and this time the camera managed to hold together. Here is the first video, which has three different clips in it. We had a bad connection in the first growl so it sounds like a carter. The second clip is much better since we figured out what the problem was and fixed it.

Who says single phase 2t22's can't wind up quick and hold a steady pitch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bToMBuTs_2c

Video shot with my crappy camera, but gives a better idea of how loud it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5AvRFkfP80

JPayne9207

Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:49 am

Great videos. There are not many recordings of operating xt22's without horns or intakes. The first one kinda sounds like a British Gents WWII siren & the second video sounds almost like a Thunderbolt 1000T 4/5 port.

hobbeekid

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:00 am

Just wondering Holller,you test ran it on household current so my assumption is that it really couldn't reach it's full rpm potential.I'd like to see it run on full line voltage cause I believe it's got a few more rpm's left to reach it's peak pitch.Nice video by the way.....

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:08 am

hobbeekid wrote:Just wondering Holller,you test ran it on household current so my assumption is that it really couldn't reach it's full rpm potential.I'd like to see it run on full line voltage cause I believe it's got a few more rpm's left to reach it's peak pitch.Nice video by the way.....
It wasn't that the voltage wasn't right, it was because the rotors had a higher than usual load on them without the intakes. We ran it off of a 100A(I think) service for the welder, at 240VAC, so it was definitely running on full line voltage. However, if the intakes were put back on, it would've reached its full RPM on the same voltage, and at a lot faster rate. Not sure if you've seen my "botched 2t22 test" video of it with the intakes on, but when we did that test, it ramped right up to full RPM in almost half the amount of time it took for this latest test.

BTW, I was the cameraman for the test :)
-Ian M.

red04stanggt

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:41 am

SWEET VIDEO i love it!

Daniel

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:53 am

If you wanted to install the siren like it is in the video, would it eventually be harmed from not having the intakes installed?
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

holler
High Leg
High Leg

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:57 pm

hobbeekid wrote:Just wondering Holller,you test ran it on household current so my assumption is that it really couldn't reach it's full rpm potential.I'd like to see it run on full line voltage cause I believe it's got a few more rpm's left to reach it's peak pitch.Nice video by the way.....
Yeah the pitch will go up a lot more when the intakes are on. We had it on a 200 Amp service with a 80 amp breaker that normally feeds our welder. The wire going to it was undersized somewhat so that explains the carter-like sound. In the final installation we will be running a #2 wire from the panel (200 amp) to the motor starter, then a #4 wire from the motor starter to to the siren motor. So it will have all the power it needs to run.

hobbeekid

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:14 am

Ok guys That makes sense, heck i didn't know.I cant wait to see it installed and tested in it's final home location, Good luck with the installation guys.... 8) Oh by the way did you get the litttle chicken wire critter screens with it that cover the ports before cone installation? just wondering...

murrfarms
YouTube Username: murrfarms

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:09 am

hobbeekid wrote:Ok guys That makes sense, heck i didn't know.I cant wait to see it installed and tested in it's final home location, Good luck with the installation guys.... 8) Oh by the way did you get the little chicken wire critter screens with it that cover the ports before cone installation? just wondering...
Yep, got all 22 of em, as well as the ones that cover the upper and lower intakes. I think we're going to try and make another screen to cover the space between the top intake and the rain cap as well.

Speaking of the cones and all, I need to take a picture of my garage with all 22 of the cones scattered everywhere, as well as the top intake, upper bracket, and rain cap. With the way I have the rain cap hanging to dry, I've had many people mistake it for some sort of light. :lol:
-Ian M.

holler
High Leg
High Leg

Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:32 pm

hobbeekid wrote:Ok guys That makes sense, heck i didn't know.I cant wait to see it installed and tested in it's final home location, Good luck with the installation guys.... 8) Oh by the way did you get the litttle chicken wire critter screens with it that cover the ports before cone installation? just wondering...
It came with all the screens, except for the one that covers the lower intake. I still haven't gotten around to making another one for it yet. The screen between the upper intake and the rain cap is fine, it just needed a little straightening to close up the gap between it and the rain cap.

Return to “Videos and Media”