Joey P 3

Boca Raton/Boynton Beach Florida

Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:17 pm

What kind of sirens does Boca Raton, as well as Boynton Beach have? I am currently purchasing a house down that way.
Thunderbolts, whelen, 2001, and aca own!

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:32 pm

On The Siren Archive, there are some photos of sirens in Palm Beach County. I don't know the latest on any of those sirens though.

http://www.jmarcoz.com/sirens/sirenarchive.htm#florida
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:19 am

Hi, Boca and Boynton, as well as nearly every municipality in the area, had fire sirens, but those are long gone. As of a few years ago, Palm Beach shores was still testing their Modulator every Saturday at noon and using it for structural fire calls. After that, and aside from nuclear power plant sirens, the next closest active siren is a T-128 in Clewiston, tested monthly, and then 2001 and Mod systems in Oviedo and Winter Park.

Just out of curiosity, what brings you down here?
http://youtube.com/CrazySirenBoy
Proud owner of: Thunderbolt 1003, Thunderbolt 1000, STH-10A, Model 5BT, Model 5B, Model 3B, Model 2T (noon daily @ 1/2 voltage), Model 2, Decot, Sterling Little Giant

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Adam Pollak wrote:Hi, Boca and Boynton, as well as nearly every municipality in the area, had fire sirens, but those are long gone. As of a few years ago, Palm Beach shores was still testing their Modulator every Saturday at noon and using it for structural fire calls. After that, and aside from nuclear power plant sirens, the next closest active siren is a T-128 in Clewiston, tested monthly, and then 2001 and Mod systems in Oviedo and Winter Park.

Just out of curiosity, what brings you down here?
I wonder what ever happened to that T-128 I still have the recording of it silent. I'll give them another call about it, later.
videogamer
Matt Ullman

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”