CJ

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Daniel wrote:They regularly malfunction...
Why does that not suprise me in the slightest?
~Charlie J.

EL1998P71

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:37 pm

TACOM Detroit (Detroit Arsenal) has one thunderbolt and a Siratone 1212.
They don't use the 1212 anymore, but they still use the thunderbolt every first Saturday of the month. They also added awhile ago a Modulator and a few DSA arrays. I haven't heard them yet. So I don't know if all turn on at one time or separate.
Proud Owner of too many sirens, lightbars, civil defense items, and diecast cars

djscrizzle

Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:18 pm

The United States Air Force Academy has a system of Whelen WPS-2900 series on their base. They vary from 2903s in sparse areas, to 2908s in places such as the stadium, and the cadets area.

Peterson AFB on the east side of town has Whelens too, Unsure of exact model numbers, but they do NOT rotate.
Still close enough to a Fed Sig 550AT to drive out on test day: First Friday in May - 7PM!
As of April 15 2010, a certified NWS Skywarn Spotter.

EOWS 612

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Whiteman AFB in Knob Noster, MO has ATIs, HPS16s if I remember right.

Richards-Gebaur AFB has atleast one STH-10.

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:21 pm

EOWS 612 wrote:Whiteman AFB in Knob Noster, MO has ATIs, HPS16s if I remember right.
I am now ashamed to be a Missouri Resident...

Daniel

Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:21 am

I read somewhere that Kingsley Field AFB in Klamath Falls, Oregon, has a siren system, but I have never seen one there.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Jim_Ferer

Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:08 pm

Daniel wrote:I read somewhere that Kingsley Field AFB in Klamath Falls, Oregon, has a siren system, but I have never seen one there.
I'd be very surprised at any military base that didn't have some sort of system.

Rheems1

Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:43 pm

The Dover Air Force Base in Dover, Del has a system of 5 cell Modulators as well as a 2T22 and an ACA Screamer. It looks to be a nice system... also not an AFB but a couple of other military establishments around me... the Letterkenny Army Depot has a system of ASC Iforce sirens, the US Army War College in Carlisle, Pa has a system of ATI sirens (they are pretty crappy looking), Fort Detrick in Frederick, MD has a system of 3 cell Modulators and the New Cumberland Army Depot ( I am told) has a set of ATI sirens (can't confirm that one). I would really like to record the Iforce sirens at Letterkenny but I am sort of scared to try it plus I don't know when (if ever) they test them. The Franklin County 9-1-1 Center (where I work) is getting ready to move out to the Letterkenny complex (outside the gate though) so I might be able to hear them sometime but I am not really sure when.

Jim_Ferer

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:52 pm

I'd love to know more about Fort Detrick, because it's home to USAMRIID (United States Army Research Institute for Infectious Diseases) and God knows how many Level 4 agents they've got in there (smallpox, Ebola, Marburg, Lhassa fever, anthrax, and stuff they don't discuss). Do they have warning for that stuff?

Read The Demon in the Freezer by Richard Preston and you will be scared for sure.
Last edited by Jim_Ferer on Mon May 03, 2010 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rheems1

Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:28 pm

It is funny, I know all of the ugly stuff that Fort Detrick has but I don't even think about it... Fort Detrick is probably 20 miles from me (by road... 10 as the crow flies). I have been on the base a couple of times to photograph thier fire apparatus, it appears to be a nice base!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”