SirenMadness

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:34 am

The STH-10 has a really big rotor, so finding something that can push more air in would be hard. Improving the rotor is probably the best thing you can do.
~ Peter Radanovic

Jpressman8

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:39 am

I have an answer maybe and I think this is why the T-128 is so loud. Now this is just a theory so don't hold me to it if it sounds silly. Install a tubine compressor style blade to the intake side of the chopper and modify the housing to fit the change if needed. This would make the chopper a blower as well. This is how the T-128 design works. Dave Wherry from ASC had told me that they were developing a T-121 style siren using a T-135 72 VDC motor essentially making an omni directional T-128.
here is a T-128 picture.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=34156060

This is the most efficient thing I can think of ,but you would be redesigning the whole siren. It is very intriguing to think of super charging a siren , but is grossly inefficient. Would make an interesting project though.
five liter V8

markslimm

Supercharger

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:40 am

if the blower was like a jet that not only compresses the air but pushes the air through the tube you could get more compression. If the chopper was a 6 port, close off three of the ports (it will still be kind of omnidirectional). Another far out idea is you could start off with a 9 inch tube and as the tube goes up it gets smaller and smaller until it reaches the intake. Just some ideas to put out there.
Mark E. Slimm.

Justin

Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:36 am

Jpressman8 wrote:This is the most efficient thing I can think of ,but you would be redesigning the whole siren.
One would have to, to supercharge one without the legacy blower that the Thunderbolt and Hurricane had.

SirenMadness

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:44 pm

This brings me back to an old design of mine.

http://airraidsirens.com/forums/viewtop ... w+impeller

It's still gonna take allot of power to move it, though.
~ Peter Radanovic

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”