The Big Labowski

Secomak 447 pin shearing

Mon May 29, 2006 4:43 pm

ok i know the other UK siren collectors will kill me but the pin that connects the handle bar to the main gear sheared when i was cranking it. It wasnt on the stand tight enough so i guess it started lurching forward until BAM, the handle caught on the stand at full speed and slid to a halt. i cranked it and found it slid, i thought about the myth that the gear teeth are very brittle and that they may be stripped. turns out the gears are intact besides the pin. the fact that the gears strip easily on the secomak is a lie. if they didnt strip from this they never will. no if ands or buts!

here is a pic of the pin (not mine but still the same thing):Image

Bringing the joy of siren collecting to the chicago area and more!

EddieBoole
New User

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:49 pm

Hi, im a very newbie, are the Secomak 447 common, as I have just acquired one? I would like to know as much as possible about them. ie: when were they made? where? Though I do have a Middlesex UK plate on it. It also has a serial no. Is it worth anything (moneywise) I paid nothing for it myself. I have tried (to no avail) to get in touch with Secomak but they are not being very helpful at all. :?: Thanks in anticipation Eddie.

AllSafe

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:50 pm

I would drill the pin hole about 2-3mm larger, tap it and put in a set screw in place of the pin. It would be much more durable than the pin.

Geek1229

Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:24 am

Argh! Don't modify it. If you haven't repaired it already, I may be able to mail you a new pin. Measure it carefully and I'll see if I have one.
Greg

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”