Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:25 am

carexpertandy wrote:This one actually isn't part of the system. And a minor correction, this is an STH-10. The only STH-10 left in the system is in Sharonville, and the only STL-10 left in the system is in Cleves, the one in Sycamore Township was taken down within the past year.
It's not surprising that the one in Sycamore was taken down. I figured that was coming when they announced that their new fire station out there was opening.

It's interesting that we now have at least 2 sirens that aren't part of the county system and don't appear to be in use anymore. I wonder if Arlington Heights or Newtown would be willing to sell either of those sirens. Too bad I don't have any use for one of those (nor do I have the funds or space for a siren).
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

carexpertandy
YouTube Username: carexpertandy

Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:39 pm

I can think of a few more sirens that appear to be that way.

Model 5-Fire Station in New Baltimore
STL-10-Main St. & Church St.(Addyston)(This probably used to be in the system)
Thunderbolt-Hudepohl Brewry(used to be part of system until 1987)
Model 5?(housing gone)-Lockland Fire Department
Model 5-Little Miami Fire & Rescue(Fairfax/Mariemont)

Somebody named bulldozer950 from YouTube told me that there is a 2T22 in Addyston that's out of service, but I can't seem to locate it. It does appear he has been to Cincinnati though if you look at certain videos of his.
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

t-bolt82

Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:15 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:I wonder if Arlington Heights or Newtown would be willing to sell either of those sirens. Too bad I don't have any use for one of those (nor do I have the funds or space for a siren).

Well, at least if they dont/wont sell them, it's better they keep them standing, rather than just scrapping them.
Viva la Thunderbolt!

Thunderboltlover
YouTube Username: thunderboltlover

Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:03 am

I'm guessing that there are probably plenty of towns out there that would love to take those sirens and install them in their limits, but cost of removal, transportation, installation, and maintenance looks prohibitively expensive. They're are probably many more that have stopped using their sirens since they've broken down, and can't afford to replace the broken sirens with other used sirens/siren parts.
Proud owner of a Thunderbolt 1003

carexpertandy

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:35 pm

Here's another video from October 26, I think that's the Kuliga Park 2001 being heard, this guy says he lives in Western Hamilton County.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQpfzfVRTa0
Resident of a county with big a mixture of sirens, but in the process of being replaced. :(

Oldiesmann

Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:48 pm

You're probably right Andy. I think that's the only 2001 on that side of town.
SMF

carexpertandy

Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:47 pm

There's also one at Mt. St. Joe's in Delhi, 3 in Addyston, and one in Cleves. That one is Kuliga Park though, I found on Google Maps where that guy was filming from.

Jpressman8

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:29 am

carexpertandy wrote:There's also one at Mt. St. Joe's in Delhi, 3 in Addyston, and one in Cleves. That one is Kuliga Park though, I found on Google Maps where that guy was filming from.
That guy lives on Bridgetown Rd. There are 2 2001s on Bridgetown Rd. Kuliga Park and down at the other end of Bridgetown Rd. just into Cleves.
five liter V8

Oldiesmann

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:36 am

I would have said Kuliga Park anyway just based on the landscape. I spent 3 months working at Miami Fort (a large power plant in North Bend near Shawnee Lookout) in the summer of 2001, so I became quite familiar with the southwestern corner of the county then. Nothing but subdivisions around Mt. St. Joe's, the end of Bridgetown Road is fairly hilly (as I recall - haven't been out that way in years) and Addyston is too small to have any long wooded roads like that.
SMF

Jpressman8

Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:24 am

Oldiesmann wrote:I would have said Kuliga Park anyway just based on the landscape. I spent 3 months working at Miami Fort (a large power plant in North Bend near Shawnee Lookout) in the summer of 2001, so I became quite familiar with the southwestern corner of the county then. Nothing but subdivisions around Mt. St. Joe's, the end of Bridgetown Road is fairly hilly (as I recall - haven't been out that way in years) and Addyston is too small to have any long wooded roads like that.
I'm very familiar with Miami Fort Station and her sister plant J.P. Stuart. :D
In the video at 1:07 looking east at the top of the road it looks like 5 point Ebeneezer,Bridgetown and Taylor Roads. The Oak Hills 1000T is rather close to Kuliga park as well.
five liter V8

Return to “Community Systems”