BOB
Read Only
YouTube Username: BOB!_da_siren_girl

Re: Siren Policies

Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:09 pm

coppercarl wrote:Vanderburgh County IN tests every Friday at noon with about 20 seconds of alert followed by two cycles of attack. The sirens are sounded for Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado warnings in alert. They typically sound off every 10-15 minutes for 3 minute cycles. There have been a few instances however that they have gone off in attack for a warning instead.
Nice! Do you know how far away that is from Indy? I might have to get up there for a test someday

Spencerlovestrains
YouTube Username: Spencer Harman

Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:29 pm

BOB wrote:
coppercarl wrote:Vanderburgh County IN tests every Friday at noon with about 20 seconds of alert followed by two cycles of attack. The sirens are sounded for Thunderstorm Warnings and Tornado warnings in alert. They typically sound off every 10-15 minutes for 3 minute cycles. There have been a few instances however that they have gone off in attack for a warning instead.
Nice! Do you know how far away that is from Indy? I might have to get up there for a test someday
It's down in Evansville, extreme southwest Indiana
In my opinion, I think there way too many 2001's in Indiana!

Check out my siren recordings! https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid= ... sp=sharing

Proud owner of a Fedelcode Model 2.

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:23 am

Spencerlovestrains wrote:
BOB wrote:
It's down in Evansville, extreme southwest Indiana
Evansville is at the far end of the southwest part of the state. It's right in that little tip on the bottom. If you go through Terre Haute it's about a four hour drive. With the new I-69 through Bloomington it's between 2.5 and 3 hours now.
Ian Tate
Facebook

PugetSoundStormWatch
YouTube Username: MiltonWATech99

Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:01 am

Pierce County, Washington tests their warning sirens on the first Monday of each month at noon for about three minutes of attack. Our sirens would activate in the event of a mudflow from Mount Rainier, either caused by an eruption or glacial collapse.
22-year-old Seattle native. Green River College.
I like DJ equipment, Weather Radios (23 in my collection), Fire Alarms, and Sirens.
Future Meteorologist! Go Hawks!

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”