vacuumcleaner

Re: Battle Creek ATI HPSS16-R Alert Test + Pictures

Tue May 17, 2016 8:22 pm

lkreykes wrote:
rdfox wrote:Galesburg would have been to the NORTHwest, out by Fort Custer. If the siren running whoop was off to the southwest, that's more out towards Climax than anything else, but I'd think that would be too far away to hear.

Used to live right about 4700 feet from that siren (G-maps puts the total distance at 4713 feet to the middle of the driveway) and 4500 feet from the one at the rest area, and I must say, from there, I could only barely hear either one if I was outside during the test. Maybe they've added a new unit down south of there as a gap-filler? Somewhere around B Drive South would make sense, and probably be audible from there...
You're right, I was a bit turned around. I'm still barely familiar with the area even though I've practically grown up there. Although I'm not 100% certain what I heard, it sounded like a Whelen in whoop for about a minute, followed by about 10 seconds of alert afterwards. I'll go down there again soon and look around.
The Galesburg Whelen runs in alert. I heard it on test day.
My other ride is a 1950 Chrysler-Bell Victory siren.

lkreykes

Wed May 18, 2016 4:45 am

I'm thinking what I heard was coming from Climax. Supposedly they have a Vortex/4000 but Google Maps reveals nothing. However as rdfox said that would have probably been too far away to hear so I really have no idea at this point.
im scared

vacuumcleaner

Wed May 18, 2016 9:45 pm

lkreykes wrote:
Valtonus wrote:Congrats dude! Its amazing to record a siren that is doing alert, which is rare on this siren! Awesome dude! Thanks for record this! Also, you should find that siren doing whoop, since that is a uncommon tone! But considering how far Whelens travel.. it could be pretty far away. :P
Thanks! I know that nearby Galesburg has Whelen 2750s, but I'm not sure where the nearest one would be at. Next time I'm down there I'll look around though!
Are they 2750s or 2904s? Also, they test in alert, I heard one on test day.
My other ride is a 1950 Chrysler-Bell Victory siren.

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Wed May 18, 2016 11:24 pm

Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Return to “Videos and Media”