almdoc

Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:34 am

I'll have to think about leaving the chopper alone. I like the duel tone sound much better than the single tone.

Rheems1

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:13 am

I was also at the convention, I was driving the old tanker from Phoenix Park... a personal favorite of mine that I was so happy that Mike let me drive. We were staged all the way out at the Jamesway parking lot so I didn't get to hear any sirens to start the parade. I really wanted to hear the Cooper-Clark diaphram horns from the American's firehouse but I didn't hear anything. The Schuylkill Historical Society is such an amazing group... Mike is easily one of the nicest guys I have ever met.. he would give you the shirt off of his back if you asked for it. He was very, very unhappy with Minersville for shutting off thier system and going with the ASC T-121. For all of you other people on the board who aren't from around here.. Schuylkill County has an AMAZING amount of fire departments and sirens. Here is the list (from memory might I add) in no real order!

Pottsville- Federal Model 3 (American), Federal Model 3 (West End), ACA Allertor (chain driven 9/12 at the Yorktown), Federal Fire Siren (Good Intent), Federal Model 5/7 (Goodwill), Federal Model 2 (Greenwood Hills)

Minersville- Diaphone horns and an ASC T-121

St. Clair- Diaphone horn, Federal Model 2 and (soon) a Federal 2001-130

Frackville- ASC T-121 (replaced a Diaphone)

Pine Grove (home of Mike Stalnecker)- Federal 2T22 (North End) and a Federal Model 5 (Hose, Hook and Ladder)

Schuylkill Haven- 3 Federal Model 5/7 and a Federal Model 2

Suedsburg- Sterling 2V8

Tremont- Federal 5/7T and a Whelen 1000

Newtown- Federal Model 2

Branchdale- Federal STL-10

Forestville- Federal Model 2

Phoneix Park- Federal Model 2

South Cass (Primrose)- Darley STH-10

Mount Pleasent (Buck Run)- Federal Model 2

Hecksherville- Federal Model 5/7 and 4 Federal Model D's

Gordon- Federal Model 5/7

Lavelle- Federal Model 5/7 and a Federal Model 1

Locustdale- Sterling M (8/16 port)

Ashland- Gamewell Diaphone and a Mars Siren

Girardville- Federal 2T22

Fountain Springs- Federal STH-10

Mahony Plane- Federal STH-10

William Penn- Unknown

Shenandoah- 2 Federal 2T22's and a Gamewell Diaphone

Union Township- Federal Model 2

Brandonville- Federal Model 5/7

Shepton-Oneida- Federal STH-10

Ringtown- Sterling M

Mahony City- Gamewell Diaphone

Ryan Township (Barnesville)- Federal STH-10 and a Federal Model 2

Hometown- Federal Model 5/7

Rush Township (Quakake)- ACA Screamer

Delano- Federal 2T22 and a Darley 2V8

McAdoo- Federal STH-10

Coaldale- Federal 2T22

Tamaqua- Federal 2T22 (Citizens), Cooper-Clark diaphram horns (American), Federal Model 2 (East End), Federal Model 5/7 (South Ward)

Middleport- Sterling Little Giant

Mary D- Sentry 3V8H

Brockton- Federal Model 5/7T

Kaska- Federal Model 5/7T

New Philadelphia- Federal Model 5/7

Cumbola- SD-10

Port Carbon- Federal Model 5/7

Schoentown- Sentry 3V8

Palo Alto- Federal Model 5/7 (Citizens) and a Federal Model 2 (East End)

Mechanicsville- Darley Model 5/7

Seltzer- Federal Model 2

Llweyllen- Federal Modulator

Hegins- Sterling M

Valley View- Unknown

Tower City- Federal Model 5/7

Sheridan- Federal Model 2

Muir- Federal Model 5/7

Joliett- Sterling Little Giant

Duncott- Sentry 3V8

Dieners Hill- Federal Model 2

East Norweign (Mine Hill I think)- Federal Model 2

Deer Lake- Federal Model 2 and a Darley Model 5/7

Orwigsburg- Sterling M

Landingville- Federal Model 5/7 and a Federal Model 2

Port Clinton- Federal Model 5/7

Cressona- Federal 3T22 and a Diaphone Horn

Wadesville- Federal Model 2

Lost Creek- 2 Federal Model 2

Gilberton- Federal Fire Siren

Shenandoah Heights- Federal Model 2

Friedensburg- Federal Model 5/7

Summit Station- Federal Model 2

Klingerstown- Sterling M

Pitman- STH-10

That should do it.. that is all of the sirens in Schuylkill County...is that or is that not an impressive list??!!!

Dave Fritz

Adam Pollak
YouTube Username: CrazySirenBoy

Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:04 am

Dave, there's also an STH-10 at the Humane FC in Pottsville ;)
http://youtube.com/CrazySirenBoy
Proud owner of: Thunderbolt 1003, Thunderbolt 1000, STH-10A, Model 5BT, Model 5B, Model 3B, Model 2T (noon daily @ 1/2 voltage), Model 2, Decot, Sterling Little Giant

almdoc

Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:28 am

Dave, I also drove a truck. Tamaqua's old ladder. I did'nt notice Cressona on your list. They have a Diaphone and I believe it's a 2T22 at Good Will.

Rheems1

Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 pm

almdoc wrote:Dave, I also drove a truck. Tamaqua's old ladder. I did'nt notice Cressona on your list. They have a Diaphone and I believe it's a 2T22 at Good Will.
Ahhh yes, you were just leaving when I arrived.... it was a very nice time (even though the weather was screwy!!)!! I had Cressona on my list but I did forget Reinerton with their Darley 2V8 and I thought of 1 or 2 more at work. Ohhh well, what can you do it is a HUGE county!!!

Dave Fritz

ThunderXPK

Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Thunderboltlover wrote:Adam, slightly off topic, but are the Baltimore t-bolts still active? (I realize you brought up that city in this thread)
I live in Baltimore, and, at least in the northeast part of the city, they've been silent for at least 5 years now. :cry: There are a couple of Model 5s that still sound every week. :)

I was downtown for jury duty, though, and I heard a 'Bolt for the regular weekly Monday 1:00 test. I'd love to know where it is. I've been scouring online aerial photos to check building tops, but it's not easy.

After the big Monroe St. train tunnel fire in July, 2001, there was a big effort to section off the system so they could sound them for certain areas and not everywhere at once. Also, in the wake of that (and 9/11), there was a big publicity campaign where they gave out fliers advising what to do if you hear a siren, and also talk about upgrading the system with voice-capable, battery-backup sirens (translation: electronic :x ). But, when Mayor O'Malley became Governor O'Malley, and there were other things going on, that all seemed to fade away. There was supposed to be a test using sirens from ASC, maybe, but I don't know if it ever happened.

almdoc

Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:03 pm

To get back to the original subject, I found out that this siren was in service in Harlem Twp. OH which is about 20 mi. north of Columbus, OH. I have contacted the chief there in hopes of getting tech info, history, and photos. If I get anything back I'll post it. Thanks to all forum members for the help so far. Tom D

SuperSignal3

YouTube Username: FlyoverSirens

Re: Determine the Age of my Thunderbolt

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:20 am

Your Thunderbolt 1000 appears to be a quite rare "jail bar" Tbolt. These were produced for a very short time, so my guess would be early to mid 50s. On a side note, may I ask what you paid for it?
Proud owner of a 2T22B, an RSH-10A Thunderbeam, and a 9 port ACA Screamer S-7.5 (Yes it is an S-7.5 despite it being 9 port) as well as a model L and OC-9.

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Re: Determine the Age of my Thunderbolt

Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:21 am

SuperSignal3 wrote:
Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:20 am
Your Thunderbolt 1000 appears to be a quite rare "jail bar" Tbolt. These were produced for a very short time, so my guess would be early to mid 50s. On a side note, may I ask what you paid for it?
Please refrain from bumping topics that are almost a decade old. Thanks.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”