sirenhunter

Location: west covina with 3 T-bolts and and 1 sd-10 (that I know of)

Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:36 am

so what happened to the T-bolt?
I still remember the last Friday of the month

Justin

Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:03 am

Is it just me or does that rotor cap look slightly out of place? Wouldn't it be facing more towards the horn if the horn was snapped clean off? The horn supports don't look at all deformed (assuming they were fixed to the rotor/stator assembly)...

Tornadoes... :roll:

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Justin wrote:Is it just me or does that rotor cap look slightly out of place? Wouldn't it be facing more towards the horn if the horn was snapped clean off? The horn supports don't look at all deformed (assuming they were fixed to the rotor/stator assembly)...

Tornadoes... :roll:
I see it too. It is out of place. I wonder if it was going off when it was knocked off the pole.

It is good that they got a new siren up that fast. Shows that they care about the safety of the citizens in that area.
Ian Tate
Facebook

Jim_Ferer

Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:12 pm

And a good thing the EMA has the budget to keep a spare on hand or somehow to get a new siren that quickly.

FedTB

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:11 pm

Is it possible to put a "rush job" into a siren company if a community needed a new siren fast?!

Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:22 pm

FedTB wrote:Is it possible to put a "rush job" into a siren company if a community needed a new siren fast?!
I don't suppose that is too far out of the question. I would hope that most cities ask for extra money when they put up a siren system for "miscellaneous repairs/expenditures." Back when Lewisville had the Tbolt system, one of the sirens just broke down one day and had to be completely rebuilt. I'd say they had it repaired within a week or so. It all probably comes down to how much money is in the bank, and timing.
-The Princess

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”