SirenMadness

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:16 pm

Very good video!

The two reasons that I can think of for lack of rotation are that the belt is not gripping to either the drive- or the stationary gear, and that the gearbox is not working properly.
~ Peter Radanovic

Gil
YouTube Username: gilramirez12

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:42 pm

kx250rider wrote:Great video!!! That's the best Allertor footage I have seen so far, rotating or not!!! Very good audio with no distortion!!! Thanks for posting it.
Oh thanks alot. I'm offended. :D J/K! :D

The was the first decent dual-toned Allertor video i've ever seen.
I wish our Allertors were dual toned :(

jkvernon

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:52 pm

Awesome video! Those poor people in Temple Baptist. I remember hearing that particular one for tests from the Forest Fair Mall about 1/2 a mile down I-275. Shouldn't be any problem for Clayt to fix it since he still makes Allertors/P-10s.

RedAlpha

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:06 pm

I think that's the first time I've ever heard a Allertor in attack. Great recording by the way.

AllSafe

Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:30 am

Some of you are just getting it all wrong about the rotator on an Allertor. It is DIRECT drive, geared directly to the motor shaft.

Brendan Ahern

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:24 am

The allertor is not direct drive, it does have a direct drive gear reducer on the back of the motor, but the mechanism itself is driven by a chain.

Daniel

Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:41 am

douro20 wrote:Some of you are just getting it all wrong about the rotator on an Allertor. It is DIRECT drive, geared directly to the motor shaft.
I believe that the first electric Allertors had a belt drive, then a chain drive, and finally a direct drive. I don't know about the gasoline ones.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

Archon

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:15 am

Here is a Recording I did of a Dual tone Allertor (9/12) in Attack that is single Phase It sounds a little different. I was right underneath it when I recorded it. Next month I will have a video of a Allertor in Alert that is (8/12) port man does that sound different. http://www.jmarcoz.com/sirens/AAttack.mp3

Archon

Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:24 am

I got a P-15 from a city because it was stuck. When I took it apart the gear box was broke and the chain was all caked up with dirth and mud. that is what caused the gear box to go. IT mush have started to not turn so who ever went up to it tighten the screw tighting up the chain SO tight that it poped the gears out of the gear box. You are supose to be able to turn a Allertor/Penetrator by hand This one I had you could not turn it for anything because of that sping so tight.

Elliott

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:14 pm

I want to clarify that the tones heard may have not been direct communication to that specific siren. I say this because I do not if that siren had been upgraded to a 800 MHz radio. The county still uses some VHF-hi radios, and the specific command may have been on one of other 3 or 4 civil defense channels. I just usually hear more activity on the 800 MHz channel with the newer sirens "polling", so I decided to record that channel's activity.
Elliott, A.K.A. KD8FOV, and Sirenzrok on Youtube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”