holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:41 pm

How are they still saying federal was the lowest bidder?

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:17 pm

I saw that article in this morning's issue of the Enquirer, and am really annoyed.

This really annoyed me:
Commissioner Todd Portune chastised Burd Monday for misrepresenting the issue. Portune said it is clear after listening to the whole tape that Federal Signal was only described as "preferred" because it had submitted the lowest bid, not because of favoritism.

"I appreciate the issues that have been raised and help to get to the bottom of a process fraught with error. But those allegations take it up a few notches and to take it up based on those allegations was inappropriate," said Portune.
1. Has he seen the bids? Anybody can say that Federal is the cheapest. Doesn't mean it's true.
2. If those allegations don't warrant it "appropriate" to further investigate the situation, then what does?
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

weasel2htm
YouTube Username: weasel2htm

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:45 pm

holler wrote:How are they still saying federal was the lowest bidder?
How to tell if a politician is lying: Their lips are moving.

SIRENMAN

Enquirer

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 pm

Guys: I spoke to a wonderful gal today who genuinely seems interested and concerned about the sham of the bidding process EMA have delt the citizens of Hamilton County. She is Jessica Brown a Enquirer reporter covering the Commissioners meetings. We spoke for a long time and she was bewildered about the lack of good judgement shown so far. I explained about our site and the members on the site and how they are into sirens and know all about them. Please drop her an email and spur her investigation on with encouraging words and information. By the way she was upset that I have not received my public information request (it has been over 90 days) and she is going to ask for all the same information. Her email address is [email protected]

Jpressman8

Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:46 pm

This is getting swept under the carpet to protect David Pepper who is running for state auditor for Ohio. Wow it would be a real shame if word got out about the commissioners handling of this situation. I need as many of you local members to show up at this EMA meeting Monday. Strength in numbers. I hate speaking alone.
five liter V8

nickrusche

Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:43 pm

I plan on attending this meeting. I work 9-5 and will try to get there by 5:30. I am about to put the address in my GPS and do a test run from my place of work to see what is the fastest route to get there.

Oldiesmann
YouTube Username: Oldiesmann

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:03 am

I'd like to see how Portune and pals try to explain that Federal is the cheapest when presented with the cost per mile. It's kind of pathetic that a T-121 has a larger coverage range than a 2001-130...
Michael "Oldiesmann" Eshom
SMF

acoustics101

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 pm

I saw it yesterday and left a couple comments. Let's fill the page and let everyone know the truth. If the link below doesn't open, this link should open.
http://tinyurl.com/37nelp3

500 AT fan wrote:http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2010 ... ncy+sirens

Anyone seen this yet?
The most overlooked opportunities are in the learning of and improvement in old technologies.

Richard Weisenberger

Jpressman8

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:33 pm

Oldiesmann wrote:I'd like to see how Portune and pals try to explain that Federal is the cheapest when presented with the cost per mile. It's kind of pathetic that a T-121 has a larger coverage range than a 2001-130...
Portune is actually not in charge of the board of commissioners David Pepper is the president of the board. I think this is all do to him running for state auditor. I read some of the comments on the Enquirer article. Wow there are some ignorant people in town.
five liter V8

SIRENMAN

Update

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Screwed again: They rejected the third bid. In the conversation from David Pepper he stated two very important things.

1. I hope you are taking into consideration the distance of each siren when it comes to the lowest bid. He said this to Bary Lusby just after Werden's attorney said that it would take 60 ASC T-128 to do the same thing it would take 140 Federal 2001-130.

2. The commissioners have been snowed into thinking the Codespear would run the sirens also. AND IT WILL NOT. So the commissioners are under the impression that 1 system is better than two seperate systems.

Well Codespear failed last month and Codespear will take $250,000.00 per year to maintain so when grant funding is cancelled then Codespear will not work and neither will our inferior siren system.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”