ACCWA

Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Agreed, it has probably gone too far. Put er' there.
In need of Synth Experts, Siren Experts, & Moderators on MSS & More 2.0! Please help by joining MSS now! metrosirensynths.forumotion.com

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:13 pm

Let's just all move to the new board... The software here is pushing 12 years old, theres only 1 admin/moderator, and there are bugs like crazy. See ya on TheSirenBoard.com
videogamer
Matt Ullman

dilloncarpenter

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm

videogamer wrote:Let's just all move to the new board... The software here is pushing 12 years old, theres only 1 admin/moderator, and there are bugs like crazy. See ya on TheSirenBoard.com
I agree..we have tried this before though and no one really ever posts on the new board. If it were up to me I would shut this board completely down in favor of TSB
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

ACCWA

Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:46 pm

There is a negative side to this, we will lose every single list, member, and post.
In need of Synth Experts, Siren Experts, & Moderators on MSS & More 2.0! Please help by joining MSS now! metrosirensynths.forumotion.com

SirenTech Ind.
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: MrSciencetificsasuke

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am

Yes I must agree, I prefer the new forum TSB, but there is not enough people using TSB. Thats why I use this forum. I don't think the this forum should deleted, I often come here for old posts as reference, there is a lot of good information here, it would be a shame to lost all that.
Proud Owner of a wide Collection of Vacuum Tubes, ThunderBolt 1000T, Edwards Model 315
Age 16

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:19 am

Is it seriously not common sense that bumping 4-year-old posts to contribute something of little to no worth is frowned upon?

That's not even an attitude specific to this forum. I'm sure it would be the same anywhere else.
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

uncommonsense

Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:40 am

What I find so fascinating is that, with a few exceptions (you know who you are), the people saying this board should go are the very people causing the problems that make this board so frustrating to log in to anymore.

Ultimately, nothing is going to change if we all migrated elsewhere. It'll just be more of the same.

SirenMadness

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 am

It's great that we have a backup to rely on, but as old and outdated as this board is, are the occasional kinks really a big problem? There's so much info on here already that it doesn't make sense to move elsewhere unless this place is truly rendered unusable. Besides, when a new enthusiast comes across the ARS website this is the board they get directed to, so unless you can find Mr. Smith after all these years and convince him to update, getting the word around ain't gonna be easy.
~ Peter Radanovic

thewoog34
YouTube Username: Thewoog34

Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:36 am

^ I think Adam still posts on the Horn and Whistle Board, even though he quit that hobby too.
What happened when Napoleon went to Mt. Olive? Popeye got pissed.

http://www.youtube.com/thewoog34

Urbanexplorer
YouTube Username: 500 Internal Server Error

Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:47 am

uncommonsense wrote:Ultimately, nothing is going to change if we all migrated elsewhere. It'll just be more of the same.
I agree.

The function of a message board is allowing people to make posts in threads. I haven't heard of anyone who is having trouble doing that. What's wrong about the forum software being outdated? I'm sure that after six years on a newer forum, the same people would start fault-finding all over again.

The only problem I have is something with the time settings, which I've posted about in the appropriate forum.
<Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
Formerly known as "Conky 2000".

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”