LukeH

Re: WERDEN OPEN HOUSE

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:31 am

Batman wrote:Oh come on. It's just a word. Just a specific combination of four characters. I honestly do not see why some people get so offended by certain words. The only time I'd ever be offended by a swear word would be if it was directed at me in a mean way, and even then it'd be no different than if someone called me an idiot. Sorry for ranting; this is just one of those things that gets on my nerves.

To get back on topic, this event looked like a blast. Is it going to be held next year? Cincinatti is kind of far, but I could perhaps work it into a road trip. I have friends in MI and TN. Could it maybe be held during the summer next time? I have school at this time of the year. Would be awesome to finally meet fellow siren enthusiasts.
It's not the word, its the unprofessional-ism. Many people come here looking for information. Some fire chiefs as well. If oyu are doing business do you really want some kid cussing round? No.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

Trevor
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 am

Remingtoncountry wrote:
Antiwhoknows wrote:Dannebrog is nothing like Grand Island...
This I know. But it was still a damn good movie.
Remingtoncountry wrote:Okay, I hate to be "that guy" but this has needed to be said for a while now. In no way do I feel like I am trying to be boss man or moderator or anything like that, but it's quite obvious nobody else has the balls to say anything, and the way this forum is going down hill, frankly, I don't care what you all think. I have noticed SEVERAL members acting like arrogant assholes, and it needs to stop. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. When I first joined up here, this place was VERY mature and I loved the atmosphere, now, not so much. I can not click one thread where somebody isn't in there douching up the place, bashing another member, or just being flat out rude. One person says something that isn't needed and somebody gets completely butt hurt and it starts a damn flame war between the two of them until the topic gets locked, but it doesn't stop there, it just carries on the next time one or the other posts. Comments like "well excuse the hell outta me" or "are you stupid" or "that was the dumbest post I have ever seen" you know what? if you don't like what someone posts, take it to private messaging or log off and cry about it in the corner. nobody want's to see your crap. I am about three nasty posts from leaving this place for good, and some already have. #endrant
:thup:
Trevor
AirRaidSirens.com Moderator
[email protected]

LukeH

Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:51 am

However, I don't believe i have ever sworn just because it's "cool". every time he swore his posts were rather short. Like he is posting just so he can swear.
Resident Historian
Denver Siren Expert
Michigan

lilrags16
YouTube Username: lilrags16

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Remingtoncountry wrote:However, I don't believe i have ever sworn just because it's "cool". every time he swore his posts were rather short. Like he is posting just so he can swear.
Really? Can we just move on? Is that to hard?
Brandon Ragsdale,
Brandon Ragsdale, Some wild kid

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:39 pm

This topic has been derailed so badly that the engines are going to have to be taken out of service and scrapped. :roll:
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

lilrags16
YouTube Username: lilrags16

Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:08 pm

freebrickproductions wrote:This topic has been derailed so badly that the engines are going to have to be taken out of service and scrapped. :roll:
I see what you did there.

Maybe someday i can come!
Brandon Ragsdale,
Brandon Ragsdale, Some wild kid

Matt
Administrator
Administrator

Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:14 pm

Sorry Clayton, going to need to lock this. Just to make things clear; There is a difference between back seat moderating (which I dislike, unless its in PM and its beneficial to the user (ergo, hey you could do this this and this, post better, use spell check blah blah)) and bullying. Lilrags is on shaky ground, but there is no reason to flat out attack and bully him (let alone in public!). You guys are talking about making the board look "professional" and "not cursing", yet looking back you all have more curses in your posts then he does! (I scanned the database to check). Then on top of that, you dog pile on him instead of letting him recede quietly. If you guys want the board to be professional, maybe think about what you post so that way you can set examples through your OWN actions instead of shoving the blame on someone else.
videogamer
Matt Ullman

mrboojay
YouTube Username: mrboojay13
Discord: mrboojay

Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:45 pm

Here is my video from last Saturday finally. Sorry for the wait, couldn't get it until now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFX1aVP ... e=youtu.be
Thank you so much for the meet Clayton! Had a great time.

Also thanks to Matt for letting me post this here.
Proud owner of a 1986 Thunderbeam RSH-10B (Blown) and a 1954 Thunderbolt 1000A. (With 4/5)
flickr
YouTube

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”