thunderbeam63

How good Are ATI's?

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:27 am

Just out of curiousity,How good are these?I here they are really crappy
and suck. :lol:
PENIS!

SirenMadness

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:46 am

Well, if you want to look at that line of products from the standpoint of personal decency, I hear that it is not very nice.
I am going back to Sarnia in March, and I might ask for sceduals of the tests to see for myself. I'm just hoping that I'm not making the bad choice by going to the ATI instead of a Modulator that they have there.
~ Peter Radanovic

Whelen Rules

Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:56 am

Well Nashville has ATIs and people in their supposed warning radious can't hear them outside!!!! ATIs only cover about a half mile and have a gosh awful highpitch sound. I would rather go see the Modulator siren madness. In my OPINION Whelen has the best line of electronic sirens available with a low pitch siren tone that can be heard for a little over 4 miles in some cases. Here in my city I have clearly heard them on the lake over 4 miles from town and could hear them as they oscillated towards my direction. They also have powerful voice messaging however voice is useless for long range warning, just not as loud as the siren tones. Still more cities continue to install ATI when Companys like ACS, Sentry, and Whelen have sirens utilizing low tones for longer range warning :roll:
Tyler Lund

SirenMadness

Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:05 am

Yeah, I think that the Modulator is the way to go. Maybe I might hear a faint ATI as well. God, why didn't Sarnia go with Vortex sirens? If Sarnia could go with Al 6000s in the past, there is no reason that they should not buy a Vortex, which is just as good, if not better in sound than an Al 6000. I guess that ATI is gaining popularity because it is very affordable and because it seems to agree with some towns' thought on a system with allot of small-range sirens being better than a system with a few long-range sirens. Do any of you remember a long thread that was going about on the old board, about ATI sirens? I remember someone saying that a town got so fed up with an ATI model that the town put in a Modulator.
Last edited by SirenMadness on Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Peter Radanovic

Nelso90

Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:16 am

They aren't sirens. They're toys on a pole.
We don't have any up here, but Eric Green probably has something to say about Allen's new system.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:26 am

All I can say by their looks and sound samples are RadioShack car alarms bolted on a pole.

SirenMadness

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:46 am

ASC's E-Class is very similar to the ATI sirens. The short throat profile of the ATI sirens shows you that they are best-suited for usage that accepts a high pitch. With ATI having a high pitch, their driver cells do not have to be very heavy for compensation of heavy vibration, making the ATI sirens light and versatile. ATI seems to be very popular as a remote-location PA system, because you can mount the speakers on sturdy fences.
~ Peter Radanovic

kagome122885

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:31 pm

The ATI Soundblaster series sirens are not bad, they are downright TERRIBLE!!
Federal Signal Thunderbolt Series, still the King of Air Raid Sirens!

AllSafe

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:37 pm

Terribly overpriced electronic sirens with horrible coverage.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:46 pm

Whelen wins the electronics in my opinion.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”