Alasiren1977

New Modulator in Brentwood, TN

Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:50 pm

This one was just installed very recently and you can see it easily from I-65 right next to the Concorde Rd. exit. The siren is located in Tower Park right next the the WSM Tower, and to my knowledge is the largest Modulator in the area.

Certified Storm Spotter for Davidson and Williamson County, TN

Melvin Potts

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:24 am

Interesting! Certainly didn't know this one was there.

It is the largest Modulator in the area. Brentwood has 2 Mods in Crockett Park; both have 2 active cells. The one in Granny White Park has one active cell.

Williamson County system has some Mods with 3 active cells; one at Grassland Middle School, another at Page High School, and a third in Nolensville Park.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 am

Dang, nice find! Didn't even know this one existed yet. They seem to be on the ball about getting more sirens in lately..
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Melvin Potts

Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 am

This is a good location for a siren. There are lots of houses in the areas to E & N of Tower Park.

The Modulator is located between the Franklin Rd./Jackson Lane siren to the W; New Hope Community Church to the E, and Wilson Pike FS to the S; all 2001s. It should provide coverage in the area between these aforementioned sirens.

Alasiren1977

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:20 am

Ya this one will serve a big area, especially since it is mere feet from I-65.

Williamson County along with the cities of Brentwood and Franklin are stepping up their game on the sirens because they started seeing a lot if residence including myself start taking a real interest in getting more in place. I went to 3 of the city meetings where we just laid into them with both barrels and demanded they get on the ball! Its good to see a local government that listens. Can't say the same for Nashville (Davidson County)!
Last edited by Alasiren1977 on Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Certified Storm Spotter for Davidson and Williamson County, TN

Melvin Potts

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:32 am

It seems that these cities are realizing the importance of sirens.

Brentwood in particular has placed some of its sirens in densely populated residential areas.

My oldest niece's family lives in Franklin. They can hear the S. Royal Oaks Blvd. siren at their house; have heeded the warnings and taken cover several times.

One of my friends lives close to Crockett Park in Brentwood. He's not only heard the Modulators there sound the siren tone, but the voice warning about lightning. The 2 Mods in Crockett Park and the one in Granny White Park are equipped to play voice warnings when lightning detected in area.

Melvin Potts

Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:35 am

Can't say the same for Nashville (Davidson County)!
Brentwood and Franklin...Brentwood in particular...made good choices for sirens. The 2001s do carry fairly well if atmospheric conditions are right.
One Saturday I parked the car at Granny White Park so I could hear the Mod there tested; while it was sounding I could hear the Municipal Bldg. 2001 clearly.

I've observed test of the Moore's Lane 2001 a couple times, and could hear another one in the distance.

A few years ago I was leaving work when tornado warning issued; the Municipal Bldg. siren was sounding(just a block down street)..so I got back inside! However, when I stepped outside the door I could also hear another 2001; believe it might have been Deerwood Arboretum.

Can't say the same for Nashville's ATIs!

Melvin Potts

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:18 pm

This Mod is easier to see if going N on I-65, as it sits almost alongside the interstate.

I checked it out today; looked for it when going S, but didn't see it; upon return trip from Cool Springs area saw it clearly after passing the Concord Rd. exit.

As I mentioned before it's a good location for a siren.

Melvin Potts

Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:59 pm

I heard this siren today.

Brentwood tests at 1:00 PM on 1st Saturday of month(actually happened at 1:05 today); sirens are tested in "attack" mode.

Tower Park is located off Concord Rd. in Brentwood. The parking area is reached by turning off Concord onto Heritage Way. I parked car there and waited for siren to sound.

This one has a good sound..much better than Nashville's ATIs. However, it did like the other Mods I've heard(Granny White Park Brentwood, 2nd AVe. Garage, Franklin, & Oak View School Williamson County) and stopped in mid cycle!

I could faintly hear the Franklin Rd./Jackson Ln. 2001 in the distance; it sounded a couple more cycles after the Mod quit.

Charlie Davidson
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: soccerdude7330Official

Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:25 am

When did Brentwood start testing on cloudy days? I've been out there when it was overcast and they never set them off.. I didn't head over to film one this month because I didn't think they would do anything with it being so cloudy.
Charlie Davidson

Storm Chasing? Storm Chasing.
Proud owner of a fully operational Thunderbolt 1000T warning siren. Test your speakers.

The YouTube Channel is alive again.

Looking for a manual? I probably have it here: SirenManuals.com

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”