MIKEY

Siren Testing on Ft Hood Tx.

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:25 pm

greetings from texas ya'll. thought you might be interested that the installation of the federal modulator sirens is almost complete on ft hood. today they played revellie ( i guess that is how you spell it) over the system this morning at 6:30 am.i heard this from inside of my house approximatly 8 miles from the base in copperas cove,tx. this evening at 5:00 pm they did another trumpet call on it. west ft hood where the airport is has a siren. i stood on top of a hill in town at 5:00 and heard the sirens from the base. definatly loud and clear. i am a big mechanical siren fan, but i do like the electronic ones too. these type of sirens are the same type that are installed in moore oklahoma. i think these will serve ft hood well. we'll see. hopefully is i can figure out how to, i will get a video of them sounding off. in the meantime..take care.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:44 pm

If I ever get down to Kileen I'll see about stoppin' by to look at these things as I've never seen one in person. Did they have any old sirens they took down? I don't remember.

RedAlpha

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 am

Hey I used to live there.. :D

Don't remember much but I do remember living there. But anyway...sounds really cool.

Daniel

Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:52 am

Hmm, never thought of Modulators playing bugle calls. I suppose you could also play them on four air horns too. Every day at noon in Vancouver, BC, ten large horns play the first four notes of "O Canada," so it could be done for reveille, taps, mess call, etc.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

MIKEY

they do still have old ones up

Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:43 am

in answering the question about the old sirens. ft hood had a lot of model 5's and a couple of model 2's. they just did'nt have enough to cover the base. with the new syatem they have 22 of these mods.

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Re: they do still have old ones up

Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:18 am

MIKEY wrote:in answering the question about the old sirens. ft hood had a lot of model 5's and a couple of model 2's. they just did'nt have enough to cover the base. with the new syatem they have 22 of these mods.
Damn that base is bigger than what I thought it was! :shock: Its alot bigger than the one I got my Model 2 at (Reese Air Force Base).

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”