dilloncarpenter

Re: The 'permanent' CTI thread

Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:52 am

It's not French. Ben Shinn confirmed on Facebook a couple weeks ago that this was indeed a CTI, it was their DC model. Only a few were ever installed.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Darley Champion
Location: Gouvieux (department of Oise), Hauts-de-France (formerly Picardie)

Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm

NotVoyager wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:35 pm
Sorry for bumping such an old thread.

The CTI Omnidirectional model cannot be a french siren, due to what I believe, that most French sirens were at a low tone, compared to the CTI model’s 10 Port fitting.

Also, most French sirens had round horns, not square. Even if there was a French siren like that, it wouldn’t be 10 Port.
The Other reasons might not be that good, but I wanted to include them in case they were to any use.

So (and in advance I'm sorry for going off-topic for a bit), while I agree that the CTI Omni siren isn't a French siren... But there's some points I'd like to clarify:
  • 1 - Most French sirens indeed have round horns, but the horn mounting part is squareish/rectangular then flares off in a rounded part (seen this on my friend's Cicca siren).
  • 2 - Some French sirens also came in 10-port but these generally had an ATEX explosion-proof motor fitted (I've seen some installed at chemical or Seveso-classified factory sites), but the vast majority is indeed 8-port.
  • 3 - It depends, not all French sirens are rooftop-mounted, some of them were mounted on free-standing mast towers (think the same kind of tower that the Broadmoor Secomak CS-8s were once mounted on but shorter) and in some rare cases mounted on metal poles, such as the Montchanin Fire Departement siren, pictured below (source).
Attachments
depose-d-un-paratonnerre-radioactif-1404055153.jpg
depose-d-un-paratonnerre-radioactif-1404055153.jpg (96.83 KiB) Viewed 1509 times
19 (and soon to be 20) years old french siren enthusiast, hailing from what was called "Picardy"
[url=http:s//www.steamsignature.com]Image[/url]
This is my official Youtube

ACA Hurricane

Sat May 21, 2022 1:38 pm

The SMR-15 in Bixby was replaced with a 508, sorry if I bumped this thread

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”