sheppardpat47
YouTube Username: sheppardpat47
Discord: Thomas Seminerio#2368

Re: The 'permanent' CTI thread

Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:59 am

FahmiRBLX wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:52 am
I don't think this is ever a French piece, if determined by the number of ports. This one is 10-Port, while other (Probably most) French mechanical sirens has 8.

(But I also wonder, could there be a 10-Port French siren?)

I would also agree with the statement that says that an American county / town / city wouldn't hastily get an international siren if local ones are available, but I remember about a post regarding a system of Kockum Sonics Delta somewhere around the US (But IIRC they say that the system is damaged).
Hello

Sorry for the bump, but actually, there is some 10 port french sirens, they are rarer than the simple 8 ports sirens but there is some that are made by "Construction électrique du nord" and if you remove the horns it looks a lot like that "cti" siren, and should sound the same but at 60 hertz I think..

Actually "Moteurs fox" have also a division in the US, so YES there is definitely French sirens in the US, I don't think there is many of it but hey that's neat, I don't know how they look unfortunately.
Attachments
opera_2021-01-08_09-56-59.png
10 Port Siren
opera_2021-01-08_09-56-59.png (120.94 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
opera_2021-01-08_09-53-37.png
opera_2021-01-08_09-53-37.png (66.75 KiB) Viewed 3250 times
I'm Belgian
So... Never heard a siren before :(

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:28 pm

The siren wouldn't sound the same at 60 hertz. A 10 port siren on 50Hz would sound like an 8 port siren on 60Hz.
I wonder if these sirens are actually French. The whole "CTI" thing could be some unproved speculation.

Pakita, a French company that manufactures sirens and has a department in America may also be responsible for these sirens.
Edit: Pakita is the same a Moteurs Fox.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:40 pm

The French high tone sirens are 11 and 12 port and are typically smaller units that are marketed similar to how Federal and Sentry market their Model 2 and 3V8. The smaller ones from KM Europ and Pakita are 12 port. There are others that have been caught indirectly on camera peaking at roughly 515 Hz, and that's a little too high for a 10 port siren and too low for a 12 port one.

While Pakita does have a US office I haven't seen any evidence of them being installed in the US. I kind of doubt they have much foothold in our siren market consider everyone has moved towards DC sirens in some form or fashion. Besides that, the sirens are made in France and would have to be shipped in. That's going to run the price up a little and make them a bit unpalatable.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

sheppardpat47

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:49 pm

DJ2226 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:40 pm
The French high tone sirens are 11 and 12 port and are typically smaller units that are marketed similar to how Federal and Sentry market their Model 2 and 3V8. The smaller ones from KM Europ and Pakita are 12 port. There are others that have been caught indirectly on camera peaking at roughly 515 Hz, and that's a little too high for a 10 port siren and too low for a 12 port one.

While Pakita does have a US office I haven't seen any evidence of them being installed in the US. I kind of doubt they have much foothold in our siren market consider everyone has moved towards DC sirens in some form or fashion. Besides that, the sirens are made in France and would have to be shipped in. That's going to run the price up a little and make them a bit unpalatable.
Where did you see a 11/12 port siren in France
I have a map and I have only seen 8/10 ports, no 11/12 ports
I'm Belgian

uncommonsense

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 am

This thread is getting way off topic. This is about CTIs not French sirens.

HudsonRiverSirens
YouTube Username: HudsonRiverSirens
Discord: gls5768

Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:02 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
Well, we were talking about the possibility that these "CTI" sirens are actually imported French sirens.
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

sheppardpat47

Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:08 pm

uncommonsense wrote:
As 10V2T was saying, I was talking about the fact that one of the company of the differents sirens in France is actually exporting sirens in the USA, and I was wondering if that mystery "CTI" siren was actually a French rebranded siren with a different housing for the different type of climate
That's all...
I'm Belgian

dilloncarpenter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:43 pm

Ben Shinn confirmed that the small omni is indeed a CTI.
Last edited by dilloncarpenter on Fri Dec 31, 2021 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:08 pm

Bumpity-bump, Bixby got removed a few months ago and is in Goddard's yard.
I'm kindly asking someone to go and get it, but I'm not really asking :lol:
Last edited by championsiren on Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotVoyager

Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:35 pm

Sorry for bumping such an old thread.

The CTI Omnidirectional model cannot be a french siren, due to what I believe, that most French sirens were at a low tone, compared to the CTI model’s 10 Port fitting.

Also, most French sirens had round horns, not square. Even if there was a French siren like that, it wouldn’t be 10 Port.
The Other reasons might not be that good, but I wanted to include them in case they were to any use.

[1] There are almost no existing French Sirens with original factory square horns equipped on them. If there was, I’m sure they would be documented by now.

[2] CTI never manufactured any properly low-tone sirens, (eg. Port ratio would have to be something single tone and then a low tone like 4 port, I have never seen a French siren’s ports)

[3] French sirens are mostly roof mounted. I do not know if the CTI Omnidirectional models were found on poles, or roof mounts, or any ground-mounted setups.
Last edited by NotVoyager on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 4 times in total.
(Replaced temporarily)

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”