Daniel

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Robert Gift wrote:While riding GART (Gay Area Rapid Transit) to visit my gay organist friends in SFC, I saw an SD-10 in the distance on the Oakland side.
(This is before I developed the mental illness of liking air raid sirens.)
There are many fine pipe organs in the faaabulous churches of San Franthithco, but remember that most organists (everywhere else anyway) do not kneel to the Bendoverian schism. You can safely drop your car keys around them without fear. Virgil Fox was an exception, though, and I have my doubts about a certain popular female organist known for her flashy wardrobe and more brass on her knuckles than a Vallejo gangbanger.

The only Bay Area counties that seem to have a working siren system are San Francisco and Contra Costa. I have seen Whelen sirens that were recently installed in Benicia (Solano County), but I don't know whether it is a county or a city system. When i was a kid, their FD had a diaphone, but it's gone now.
Lex orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.

SirenMadness

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:14 pm

Yes, the SD-10 does have a mesh screen around the stator, because there is a small tolerance, about an inch, between the stator and the metal band of the SD-10, so there is quite some large stuff that could get in the rotor if the mesh is not around it.
~ Peter Radanovic

Robert Gift

Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:37 pm

Thunderbolt:
for single tone there was 4,5,and 6. As for dual tone, there was 4/5 and 5/6.
480/720 Hz

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”