holler
High Leg
High Leg
YouTube Username: Blue10AEmia

Photos of sirens in my area (now with 3t22 pics)

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:19 am

A thread about sirens in the central GA area, I will add more photos as I take them.

Midway VFD Model 2. It doesn't work anymore, in the process of trying to procure it. It is about 5 miles from my house.

City of Hawkinsville's Whelen Vortex(?). Was installed last year and replaced a SD-10, whereabouts of which I do not know. This is the first time I have seen a Whelen in person, they are huge, it looked to be half as big as my Miata.
Last edited by holler on Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllSafe

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:48 am

I need to find that picture of a late-80s WPS-4008 sitting inside a maintenance garage at a state park who took it down and put it up for sale. Yes, they are huge.
Ich spreche nicht Deutsch...doh!

Shinkansen

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:35 am

Nice pictures. Not much in my area, just 5's, 7's, and STH's. Cept Landis has a 2T22 and a Sterling M. But thats about it. Everything else is either a Model 5(mostly) or a STH-10. I once, somewhere saw a very rusted STL-10, but no clue where it is.
Blades will bleed. Shields Will Shatter. But as the light fades, will the Hero rise again? Or will darkness rein?

holler
High Leg
High Leg

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:05 am

We where sitting at a redlight in Hawkinsville today when my girlfriend points her finger and says "look". She has a pretty good eye, she spotted the 3t22 that they have at the fire station. I had no clue it was their never even noticed it. I just had to drive by and look at it. It appears to be in pretty good shape, and the fire chief says it still does high-low.

I will post pics as soon as I take them.

holler
High Leg
High Leg

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:02 pm

As promised, pictures of the Hawkinsville FD 3t22. I was able to drive down a back alley and walk right up to the siren. First time I have ever seen one of the Xt22 family sirens. I thought it would be bigger than that, it appears to be smaller than the Whelen on the other side of town.

Control/timer box, has the old Federal Signal ID tag on it.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”