The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 3:41 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:27 pm 

YouTube Username: AGuynamedJC
Discord: Somebody#2950
Howard County sounds the sirens for monthly tests and tornadoes. A few sirens sound off for fire calls. Same thing applies to Hall County.

Proud owner of one of Ft. Calhoun's former ACA P10s, a Sentry F2, Federal Model A, Model J, Model C, a Klaxon Mono AH, an E.D. Bullard S2... and an MS-190.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:33 pm 

YouTube Username: firefreak57
My town (we are incorporated as a Village so that’s what I mean when I say the Village) has one siren we own (a 2001-130) and another (also a 2001-130) at the local high school. They warn of tornadoes and are activated ONLY if a tornado is on the ground near the Village. It’s not a policy I agree with (as we will not activate the sirens even if we are in the Warning polygon for a tornado warning).

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 pm 

YouTube Username: SpaghettiGoat
West Virginia here. Our sirens are almost exclusively fire sirens, though they also do an attack pattern for an extended time for weather emergencies. There's around 3 to 8 in each county (3 here in Morgan County: a Sterling M10, a Sentry 10V, and a Model 5/7).

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 1:43 pm 

YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127
Mostly tornadoes, but there's an Amerigas Storage facility with ATIs in Middletown which likely warn of any accident at the plant.
There's also Elmwood Place, which has an HOR Siro-Drone that does a daily blast at 9:00pm, and Seven Mile, which has a 16/16 port Sterling M-10 that goes off every day at 6:00pm. Fernald used to have some 1212s for nuclear accidents, but most of those are gone now (2 sirens are still in place but inactive as of writing this post).

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 am 

YouTube Username: FahmiRBLX
Malaysia Countrywide :

Only electronic sirens sound for the real deal, while remaining mechanical ones for non-energency occassions such as Iftar time-marking alongside Azan during months of Ramadhan. A particular mechanical siren atop Kuala Kangsar Police HQ sounds for this on Alert (Hoping that I can film it this year).

Our electronic sirens are usually placed at risky areas (e.g Coastal portions of a city, Flood-prone low areas, etc.) sound only for a single threat; Tsunami for coastal sirens, Flooding for sirens in flood prone areas. Meaning, other threats such as Waterspout will not sound those sirens. As of now, testing and actual warning is signalled by Attack, the only thing differenciating between testing and warnings are via announcement prior to signalling.

Sirens in Malaysia Thread