thunderbeam63

Weird test day.

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:46 pm

Today,at around 10:15,the Whelens came to life after hibirnation in the winter.What I thought was just a normal,was very wrong. Soon,20 minutes later they stopped so I went back to doing school work.
15 minutes later they went off again. Now I got worried,Well,really,to be honest,I was about to S*** myself. My heart was traveling at have the speed of light,I even had to ask the teachers why they keep on testing them. She responded with a simple "It's test day." then I replied "But,test day's are on Mondays and Mondays only."
Then a sign of relief,I heard the wind-down. :roll:

Then,when I thought my troubles were over,they only just began.

In 7th hour I heard them again,but they were doing a wind-down so I guess I just missed another one of the so called "test".

Anybody know what this is about??? At first I thought we were under attack, but then I realised that maybe they have to test each individual one,After all it is test day, Right???
PENIS!

Brendan Ahern

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:17 pm

They might have been doing an annual checkup of each individual siren site, opening the boxes and giving everything a good once-over.

Hacksaw

Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:00 am

Yep, probably "Spring cleaning" of the sirens.

When the system WAS working here in San Jose, they used to go around & growl test each siren every month.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”