Stormsetter4
YouTube Username: Stormsetter4

Re: Any news on the "new Tbolt"

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

You can literally put a thunderbolt chopper tube/collector ring/horn/chopper on a 2001-130 rotator. All you have to do is remove the 2001 chopper and horn and put the thunderbolt on. If they are going to remake it, that is what they are going to use.
-Cruz Newberry
Table Rock Alerting Systems, LLC
Emergency Alerting Systems for Communities & Industry

Website

Youtube Channel

DJ2226
YouTube Username: DJ2226

Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:35 pm

I'm still not sold on them bringing it back. I won't believe it till I see it. I just find it hard to believe they'd bring it back with 3 capable rotating sirens in their line up to begin with. At this point I could see them making a siren to compete with Sentry's 16V1T-B or one that could take on a T-135.
gman 1 wrote:I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but I know one problem is the fact that the rotator is belt driven. When the belts wear out, the rotator stops rotating, and then someone has to get up there and repair it, which is hard to do. in my opinion, they need to make the rotator a direct drive. That will (hopefully) eliminate the problem of worn out rotators. Also, does anyone know if the new one will have a blower?
Worn out rotators? There are many Thunderbolts that still have their original belts and work fine. Besides Federal ditched the belt drive rotators when the SRNB came into production. They wouldn't take two steps back and switch to belts and pullies again after having built the 130, Equinox, and 508 off of them. I could see them using belt drive, however, on the blower.
Proud owner of a Model 1.
DJ2226's YouTube Page

Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:30 pm

If they wanted to compete with Sentry then they shouldn't have gotten rid of the STH-10 and 2/3T22.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

coastalsyrolover

Sat Jun 13, 2015 10:57 pm

The reason... Again for having the new Tbolt... Is for having full DB at low peak as well as high peak... (Plus the noise of the single tone is hecka potent, carries hecka far and the dual tone ones are absolutely unforgettable and unmistakeable. Plus still pretty dang loud.) The bolt most likely will not be anything like what it was when they stopped making them. But who knows? It could be better, It could be worse, and it just may never be brought back... The 508 kind of performs like a thunderbolt but again doesn't have the full DB low peak. But if it never is brought back there is that one. Also the 2001-230 is great! We have 2 SRNBs here in Oregon and they are actually kind of ear splitting... Even with my model 5 not being in service the siren can still be heard pretty clearly... (I mean obviously the range of a SRNB or 130 do not touch what range the thunderbolt had... Or the distinction... But yea.) The thing that would be VERY nice about it though would be if the dual tone thunderbolt came back as well as the single tone... Does federal signal make any more dual tone mechanical sirens? I don't seem to recall dual tone sirens being on the list of "Federal signal makes..."
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

connerdstines

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:14 pm

No, the only siren co. here that still makes dual tone mechanical sirens is Sentry.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:42 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:The reason... Again for having the new Tbolt... Is for having full DB at low peak as well as high peak... (Plus the noise of the single tone is hecka potent, carries hecka far and the dual tone ones are absolutely unforgettable and unmistakeable. Plus still pretty dang loud.) The bolt most likely will not be anything like what it was when they stopped making them. But who knows? It could be better, It could be worse, and it just may never be brought back... The 508 kind of performs like a thunderbolt but again doesn't have the full DB low peak. But if it never is brought back there is that one. Also the 2001-230 is great! We have 2 SRNBs here in Oregon and they are actually kind of ear splitting... Even with my model 5 not being in service the siren can still be heard pretty clearly... (I mean obviously the range of a SRNB or 130 do not touch what range the thunderbolt had... Or the distinction... But yea.) The thing that would be VERY nice about it though would be if the dual tone thunderbolt came back as well as the single tone... Does federal signal make any more dual tone mechanical sirens? I don't seem to recall dual tone sirens being on the list of "Federal signal makes..."
The design is suppost to be the same design it's just modernized with an FC controller and low power motors for battery backup and yes Federal is trying to make the tbolt battery friendly.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:37 am

It always irks me when people think that Federal will bring back the Thunderbolt. One pic can sum it all up for me...
although, I will admit, it would be ultra cool!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (67.45 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:49 am

How can you dispute proof from the company that created the Thunderbolt!? cOme On good grief.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Captain Dynamite
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:52 am

Well I am curious if there will be any updates from Federal Signal on a newer Thunderbolt. Time will tell I guess. Pictures on what they're working on would be good to see! I'm not on Facebook either so I'd most likely see what is new when members who use Facebook post it here. I also think the 10/12 port 500AT would've being another good model for Federal Signal to bring back. I've not seeing a new 10/12 siren from the big 3 siren makers yet for today or a 9/12 port. If I am wrong someone correct me.

Mark N
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

Well with that logic, maybe Chevrolet will bring back the Bel Air. Why should they? Aside from the obvious reason that the 2001-130 may not perform as well as it is made out to be, however the 508 came out a couple years ago. If you don't want a -130, then the 508 is good for you.
Trust me, if they brought it back, I would be happy like everyone else, but what are the chances of that happening? I'm not trying to come off like I'm bashing someone, but it just wouldn't make sense (at least for me).

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”