coastalsyrolover

Re: Any news on the "new Tbolt"

Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:19 am

But what I am not seeing being understood is while I am SUPER excited to see it happen... There is still a chance they may not. I mean the thunderbolt is an AWESOME siren. But putting it back into production is costly and demand is only with those who love them. I mean... Cities are probably going to see "Oh easy siren to maintain? Cool! Oh adjustable frequency so if the tone isn't quite right we can adjust it? Rad!!!! Wow! We can even fix it without taking it off the pole!!!!" Then they see the cost... "Oh... Yea tell me more about those 2001s, 508s or mods..." Lol. In other words... It still isn't 100% promised. And the only rep they will hurt are people who love thunderbolts like most of us here do. But we aren't the ones buying sirens from them... Or a very small percentage of us on here are XD. Synther you are right. If they want performance then a single tone thunderbolt would be best. But it seems to me... And maybe some of you can chime in (POLL TIME! Single or dual tone thunderbolt...? Which do you prefer?) that besides murrfarms, me and maybe a small few others... the 1000T is preferred... And from what I remember about Murrfarms he likes the sound of them but even he and Jeb prefer to use the dual tone because of the bite. So it might just be dual tone if it comes back...
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

Jake_7367
Discord: Keigo#2002

Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:49 am

gman 1 wrote:I think that instead of using belts to drive everything, they should use some form of chain. Like a bike chain, but encased in its own sealed off oil container, like a sealed bearing.
I wouldn't want that to happen, in case the blower freezes. I prefer the belts to snap instead of mangled blower innards.
I love Yamaha Music Sirens.
Twitter: Yamaha and Matsush¡ta Enthusiast (@Matsush¡taMan) (replace ¡ with i)

KGK1234

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:05 pm

I can't control my excitement about the return of the 'Bolt! That is, if it happens , which I'm pretty sure it is happening. :TBolt:
Proud owner of a Model 2.

Nwhis
New User
YouTube Username: N Whis

Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:57 pm

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Well the thing is, if you put more air through it with a more powerful blower you will get a louder sound, thus makes a more powerful siren, but the only catch with that is requiring more power.

the big picture is that the possibilities are endless.
The loudness of sirens obviously isn't linked to the blower, unless it has and needs one. Most rotating sirens do not have a blower; but they are still loud. They are still loud because the chopper is larger. Larger chopper = louder sound. The :TBolt: and :hurricane: choppers are tiny, but, for example, the :2001: chopper is much larger, thus producing more sound than a :TBolt: with no blower. It seems like maybe if you had something like a :2001: with a blower, that'd probably be pretty loud (and annoying?).

uncommonsense

Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Can someone point out to me where this was announced on their Fb page? I see nothing and the schematics posted above were just regular 1000 series A schematics.

I'm on the "you're being trolled hardcore" bandwagon here and want proof to the contrary.

It wouldn't be a sin to lie to overeager people berating the poor, clueless social media rep over Facebook.

SuperBanshee

Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:56 pm

There has been no official announcement of a new Thunderbolt. The Federal crew was simply posting old Thunderbolt material - I sent them the photo scan showing the prototypical Thunderbolt being tested in Minneapolis.

If a "new" Thunderbolt is actually being developed, we won't hear about it until a prototype has been finished and ensured for mass production. There's no point in giving hints and tips to something that might not actually happen.

coastalsyrolover

Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:06 pm

So I guess the official "for now" news on the new tbolt is "forget about it" and "not very likely"?
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

connerdstines

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 pm

coastalsyrolover wrote:So I guess the official "for now" news on the new tbolt is "forget about it" and "not very likely"?
Pretty much.
Down to a Thunderbolt chopper, still a few goofy flashlight-siren combos, and a Model L.

dilloncarpenter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:08 pm

It's been that way ever since this whole "new Thunderbolt" thing started up years ago. I stand by my original statement...I'll believe it when I see it.
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

CycloneFan125
YouTube Username: Sirens & Elevators

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Honestly I don't see the :TBolt: being made again. :2001: 's, and 508's both have battery backup which the :TBolt: doesn't and they're a lot easier and cheaper to maintain.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”