Tyler
Developer
Developer
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031

Re: Any news on the "new Tbolt"

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:20 pm

Nwhis wrote:
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:Well the thing is, if you put more air through it with a more powerful blower you will get a louder sound, thus makes a more powerful siren, but the only catch with that is requiring more power.

the big picture is that the possibilities are endless.
The loudness of sirens obviously isn't linked to the blower, unless it has and needs one. Most rotating sirens do not have a blower; but they are still loud. They are still loud because the chopper is larger. Larger chopper = louder sound. The :TBolt: and :hurricane: choppers are tiny, but, for example, the :2001: chopper is much larger, thus producing more sound than a :TBolt: with no blower. It seems like maybe if you had something like a :2001: with a blower, that'd probably be pretty loud (and annoying?).
Well duh we know that. The thunderbolt has to have a blower or it's a glorified model 2. We talked about it earlier. Go back and read through the topic.

Good grief, we are at the point of walking in circles again.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
2014 Federal UltraVoice UVICU
1981 SiraTone C/B prototype
1984 SiraTone C/B

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:40 pm

uncommonsense wrote:Can someone point out to me where this was announced on their Fb page? I see nothing and the schematics posted above were just regular 1000 series A schematics.

I'm on the "you're being trolled hardcore" bandwagon here and want proof to the contrary.

It wouldn't be a sin to lie to overeager people berating the poor, clueless social media rep over Facebook.
There is THIS post that was posted a while ago other than that no announcements. Remember that before Federal released the 508-128 they never announced it...POOF!!! There it is.
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

dilloncarpenter

Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:57 pm

They probably never announced the 508 because it's a brand new design and they were probably waiting on the patents for it. Do you know how the manufacturing business works?
Kicking it in the siren party since '08

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:08 am

dilloncarpenter wrote:They probably never announced the 508 because it's a brand new design and they were probably waiting on the patents for it. Do you know how the manufacturing business works?
Yes, I was making a point with my comment. They haven't made an official announcement but they have said enough for us to put the pieces together.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

uncommonsense

Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:58 am

Thunderbolt10031 wrote:
dilloncarpenter wrote:They probably never announced the 508 because it's a brand new design and they were probably waiting on the patents for it. Do you know how the manufacturing business works?
Yes, I was making a point with my comment. They haven't made an official announcement but they have said enough for us to put the pieces together.
"They" is a poor social media schmuck...probably an intern...trolling the community hardcore. All these endless messages to them make this community look so bad and entirely immature. If I were the social media dude there, I'd probably play games, too, just to pass the time.

Melodramatic or not, point is, y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill from a source as reliable as a pathological liar.

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:30 am

uncommonsense wrote:
Thunderbolt10031 wrote:
"They" is a poor social media schmuck...probably an intern...trolling the community hardcore. All these endless messages to them make this community look so bad and entirely immature. If I were the social media dude there, I'd probably play games, too, just to pass the time.

Melodramatic or not, point is, y'all are making a mountain out of a molehill from a source as reliable as a pathological liar.
Well some of us don't have the money to fly all the way to Illinois just to find out if it's B.S. Or not. This is what we have to work with. The page on Facebook is for questions and things like this... Oh and advertisement.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 am

Logan_Michael_612 wrote:In a way I agree with uncommonsense.
Yes, it's fun to talk and speculate... But we have to keep it in proportion.

Anyways, y'all straighten up. I don't want to have to lock this topic.
I was making a point that Facebook is all we have to keep track of this. I wasn't trying to sound rude, if I did I apologize.

Oh well I guess I worded that previous comment a little on the rude side.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

Notre.Dame1003

Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:24 am

I will throw in my 2 cents here and you guys can take it for what it's worth.

I toured the plant on June 2nd. Everything from the factory floor, to the warehouse, to the offices, and nowhere, absolutely nowhere was there any evidence of R&D on a new Thunderbolt. While we were walking outside with a few of the employees to go look at the sirens they have out front, one of the guys even said "Yeah we get a LOT of fan mail about bringing back the Thunderbolt, seems like they really made their mark" he made no mention of a Thunderbolt reboot and dismissed it off as a common annoyance that's just part of working there. After that, we got into the discussion about how the 508 was designed as a one-to-one replacement for the Thunderbolt because the 130 didn't live up to it and yada yada. We even saw some engineers having a meeting. They were doing a PowerPoint presentation on some possible DSA configurations in Hawaii. They have better things to do than to focus their time on something that has come and gone.
"When it comes to great steaks, I've just raised the stakes."

-Noie, Director of sarcasm-

Federal Signal RX, Model A, Model D

Youtube
Facebook

Tyler
Developer
Developer

Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:03 am

Notre.Dame1003 wrote:I will throw in my 2 cents here and you guys can take it for what it's worth.

I toured the plant on June 2nd. Everything from the factory floor, to the warehouse, to the offices, and nowhere, absolutely nowhere was there any evidence of R&D on a new Thunderbolt. While we were walking outside with a few of the employees to go look at the sirens they have out front, one of the guys even said "Yeah we get a LOT of fan mail about bringing back the Thunderbolt, seems like they really made their mark" he made no mention of a Thunderbolt reboot and dismissed it off as a common annoyance that's just part of working there. After that, we got into the discussion about how the 508 was designed as a one-to-one replacement for the Thunderbolt because the 130 didn't live up to it and yada yada. We even saw some engineers having a meeting. They were doing a PowerPoint presentation on some possible DSA configurations in Hawaii. They have better things to do than to focus their time on something that has come and gone.
Might have been on the down low with it really. We really can't tell if they are yanking our chains or not, it's just a matter of putting the pieces of information together and determining if it's true or not. If it is true well obviously we will see a product in the near future that's for sure.

Proud owner of
1984 SiraTone C/B

SoundMaster 391
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: SoundMaster 391

Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:05 am

Notre.Dame1003 wrote:I will throw in my 2 cents here and you guys can take it for what it's worth.

Wait a minute DSA configurations in Hawaii? :O
Owner of a Federal Enterprises Model 2, Federal Electric Model D, Sentry F2 and AR Timer
Click here for SoundMasters YouTube Channel

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”