mgear

Riding A Horn

Sun May 06, 2007 3:37 am

Do you think it is possible to ride a siren horn :lol: Image
Sean Matt

Trey
YouTube Username: SD10s4ever

Sun May 06, 2007 3:38 am

I don't think it would be possible. I think it would ruin the horn support and the bolts holding both the horn and support. Not to mention rip the thing off the pole. My hypothesis...

mgear

yeah

Sun May 06, 2007 3:47 am

Yeah that is kinda what i though what about a eows 408 or 612
Sean Matt

Trey

Sun May 06, 2007 4:03 am

Well I don't know about one of those since I've never even seen one in person, but I would say that sitting on the speaker projector would break the thing. However if at the top probably not.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Sun May 06, 2007 5:56 am

You can ride a t-bolt horn. I've walked out on mine several times. Its kinda hard to, since it curves up at such a steep angle and the throat is less than an inch across. Its solid steel, so its not gonna break...trust me, I don't think there's a part of a Thunderbolt my 165 pound butt can walk on and not break, except maybe the top of the rotator housing.

As far as an EOWS/Hurricane/2001, I have no clue.

Trey

Sun May 06, 2007 5:58 am

JasonC wrote:You can ride a t-bolt horn. I've walked out on mine several times. Its kinda hard to, since it curves up at such a steep angle and the throat is less than an inch across. Its solid steel, so its not gonna break...trust me, I don't think there's a part of a Thunderbolt my 165 pound butt can walk on and not break, except maybe the top of the rotator housing.

After re-thinking how thick that horn support is and how it is designed, I see his point. Like he said the only part that could be destroyed easier than the others is the rotator box due to the sheetmetal.

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Sun May 06, 2007 6:12 am

SKYWARN wrote:
JasonC wrote:You can ride a t-bolt horn. I've walked out on mine several times. Its kinda hard to, since it curves up at such a steep angle and the throat is less than an inch across. Its solid steel, so its not gonna break...trust me, I don't think there's a part of a Thunderbolt my 165 pound butt can walk on and not break, except maybe the top of the rotator housing.

After re-thinking how thick that horn support is and how it is designed, I see his point. Like he said the only part that could be destroyed easier than the others is the rotator box due to the sheetmetal.
Dude, I don't even think I could bend it very far with a sledge hammer, its made form quarter inch steel I think. Its strong.

Trey

Sun May 06, 2007 6:23 am

Its amazing how I underestimate the strength of everything. :lol:

CABLEVision

Sun May 06, 2007 4:24 pm

SKYWARN wrote:Its amazing how I underestimate the strength of everything. :lol:

Personally I wouldn?t believe this guy, go ahead smite me...But riding a siren is a stupid idea your 40 feet off the ground. You don't know what condition the projector is in. And the rotator wouldn't even turn you.
The Cal Trimmer, by Eastman industries

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator

Sun May 06, 2007 4:28 pm

MAX HEADROOM wrote:
SKYWARN wrote:Its amazing how I underestimate the strength of everything. :lol:

Per...But riding a siren is a stupid idea your 40 feet off the ground. You don't know what condition the projector is in. And the rotator wouldn't even turn you.
Yea, its stupid, but the rotator should have enough power to turn you on the horn. The C series blower would have to be bolted down though to avoid any tipping.

(Though if you ride it like that guy in the picture, I think your manlihood would be a bit reduced!)

I guess when I get my T-bolt finished, I'll have climb onto the horn, and turn the rotator on, and film it just so you guys and get your jollies....better yet....I'll get my girlfriend in a bikini and let her do it :wink: At least that would be more visually appealing.
Last edited by JasonC on Sun May 06, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”