Travis
YouTube Username: DL1011

Distance P-50 Video

Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:38 pm

Happened to be off of work today and found the courage to plan ahead well enough to be down in Rockwall for the semi-monthly siren test. This unit is 7 miles away from my new house, and you can hear it most days when the weather is good. There are several closer T-128's which do drown it out. My new town doesn't have any sirens yet, but I don't think it will be very long before we get them.

Rockwall has a mixed system of ACA/ASC products including the T-128, Allertonic 8000, P-15, and P-50. I believe there are only 2 P-50's in the system. There is at least one! They test the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month at 2:00PM, which is outside the typical 12:00 or 1:00PM standard for the Metroplex. I believe Eric Green recorded video of one of their electronic units.

I have a couple close up videos of P-50's and one of a Cyclone, so I thought it would be neat to get one from several blocks away. I used my Go Pro for the 3rd time since I've had it (2+ years) to see how it would handle the volume. It came out alright but there is no zoom. That weird vibratory/reverb echo is strong with this one, though the camera didn't pick it up as well as it really was in real life. I was approximately a quarter-mile away. Maybe a little less. This siren is next to a Sonic on Goliad, South of downtown Rockwall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93dpoE0Hfy4
-The Princess

Bryan

Re: Distance P-50 Video

Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:30 am

Nice video!
Owner/Operator of SirenTex LLC

Proud of a Federal Signal Thunderbolt 1000T, 2t22A, Model 2t, Model 3 Model 5, SD-10, STH-10, American Signal Corp. T-128, Whelen WPS-2750 and too many Whelen Lights

siren fan

Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:29 am

Yes!!! Someone finally gets a video of that monster. Well done!

CDV777-1
YouTube Username: vanamonde2

Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 am

Yes!!! Someone finally gets a video of that monster. Well done!
No kidding! I made two trips out there on two test days a couple of years ago and they nixed the test both times.
Nice to finally see a video of it.
Proud owner of a garage full of junk.

Return to “Videos and Media”