DSRX100
YouTube Username: DSRX100

ACA Banshee in Eldorado, IL

Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:16 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rcNALzBJCU

Behold, my first ACA siren recording ever (not counting the ASC branded T-135 in Memphis). Eldorado, Illinois, has three Banshee 115s and one lone Model 2. Just recently I found another Banshee on top of the City Hall downtown bringing the total to four sirens altogether. Ever since we've found them, I've been planning a recording ever since. With the next closest Banshee in Muncie, classic ACA branded sirens aren't too common in my neck of the woods.

I have to admit, I was really impressed with this siren. The sound just goes right through you, not something I was expecting from a siren of this caliber. I was also too confident to even wear ear protection which was a big mistake. The skirt did a great job in directing the sound downward, where I was standing. Plus I got wet too from that rainwater buildup. It was probably the loudest skirted siren I've heard yet as I plan to record that one downtown at some point.
-Brandon Mendel
Youtube: DSRX100

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Re: ACA Banshee in Eldorado, IL

Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:13 pm

Wow, I didn't know about the one of City Hall. Was this the one on the far west end of town or by the high school?
Ian Tate
Facebook

DSRX100
YouTube Username: DSRX100

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:27 am

coppercarl wrote:Wow, I didn't know about the one of City Hall. Was this the one on the far west end of town or by the high school?
Sorry for the late response. This one is located at the high school by a parking lot on University Street.
-Brandon Mendel
Youtube: DSRX100

Woodsblakenp

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:33 am

Is that the one on the corner of Camp Beulah? I used to camp there as a kid. I'm from Metropolis. I've never heard a banshee in person.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: crazywarriorman

Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:59 pm

Woodsblakenp wrote:Is that the one on the corner of Camp Beulah? I used to camp there as a kid. I'm from Metropolis. I've never heard a banshee in person.
Do you still live there?
Just because you're offended, doesn't mean you're right.

Woodsblakenp

Fri Dec 02, 2016 11:32 pm

Yep, Lived in Metropolis whole life. You close by?

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:31 am

You should most definitely get the remaining abandoned Penetrator that's north of town!

Woodsblakenp

Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:54 am

Crazywarriorman wrote:You should most definitely get the remaining abandoned Penetrator that's north of town!
So you're familiar with Metropolis? When they installed the new whelens, they used the exact same poles as the p-15s, except the remaining one that is not in use. The reason it is still on the pole was because they were simply unable to do the exchange because of the location of the power wires. I would love to have it though and restore it. The Metropolis p-15s are very fond memories.

Crazywarriorman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:34 am

Woodsblakenp wrote:
Crazywarriorman wrote:You should most definitely get the remaining abandoned Penetrator that's north of town!
So you're familiar with Metropolis? When they installed the new whelens, they used the exact same poles as the p-15s, except the remaining one that is not in use. The reason it is still on the pole was because they were simply unable to do the exchange because of the location of the power wires. I would love to have it though and restore it. The Metropolis p-15s are very fond memories.
Only somewhat. I've never been in the town, but I go to SIU so I did some extensive research on the communities around here and their sirens. Yeah, the whole power issue is what the city manager told me as well. It's unfortunate, but I would definitely like to see someone get it rather than let it rot! Here's a map of all the sirens that a few of us Illinois siren enthusiast have mapped. If you can contribute anything, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can get you added.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewe ... Y&hl=en_US

Return to “Videos and Media”