Glist
YouTube Username: Glist

Mobil Directos in Evansville?

Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:47 pm

I was looking on a siren map for Indiana and it has 3 former MD locations marked in Evansville. I haven't found any other info related to this and was wondering if any of you could help. Here's the map https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mi ... 92969&z=11
Indiana-based Thunderbolt fanatic who finally heard his first Thunderbolt on October 2nd, 2018.
Owner of The Thunderbolt Siren Map since May 19th, 2021.
All of my siren recordings (Playlist) | Every siren I've documented (Map)

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Re: Mobil Directos in Evansville?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:48 am

Not directly on topic, but this sure is a nice siren map of Indiana!
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, W.A. Box BOXCO, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
25, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

coppercarl
Supporter
Supporter
YouTube Username: TheWeatherGuys

Re: Mobil Directos in Evansville?

Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:56 pm

I remember Brandon bringing this up to me not too long ago. Let me do some digging real quick and I'll post what I can find.

Edit - I'm having a really hard time tracking anything down. I had the articles on my old phone but the screen won't respond so I can't get anything from it. If I recall correctly though at one point Evansville had three gasoline powered sirens. There were no pictures but everything described about them lead to us concluding that they had to be Mobil Directos. The articles did provide the locations of the sirens however. I'm really not sure when they were taken down and replaced with the Sentry's though. I'll keep looking for the articles.

Final edit - Here is a link to the article I was talking about. http://local.evpl.org/views/viewimage.asp?ID=953317
Ian Tate
Facebook

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”