The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm 

YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
This was recorded thanks to the fire chief so this is my first video so I will make a better one when they do battery testing next month. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFoDum ... e=youtu.be

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm 

Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 pm 

coastalsyrolover wrote: *
Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.
They seemed equally loud until I rolled down the window with the SRNB facing me that almost made me deaf. And sorry this was the other Marshfield Bolt that had bad bearings.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm 
Developer
Developer

YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031
jacob585 wrote: *
They seemed equally loud until I rolled down the window with the SRNB facing me that almost made me deaf. And sorry this was the other Marshfield Bolt that had bad bearings.
If it had a bearing problem, It wouldn't take that long for it to wind down. It would wind down really freaking fast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:18 pm 

Tyler wrote: *
If it had a bearing problem, It wouldn't take that long for it to wind down. It would wind down really freaking fast.
And it would not want to hold its pitch very well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm 

It was the other T-bolt I was thinking of.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm 

More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:44 am 

More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.
Even more news: if it was installed in 56 and it didn’t sound like it had the pulsating sound, I think it’s safe to assume it had the early A2 setup. A 5M blower with a... capacitor start rotator? No not a capacitor what was the thing that the rotator motor had on the early ones that the C series ones didn’t have?? I’m so tired I can’t remeber...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm 

Even more news: if it was installed in 56 and it didn’t sound like it had the pulsating sound, I think it’s safe to assume it had the early A2 setup. A 5M blower with a... capacitor start rotator? No not a capacitor what was the thing that the rotator motor had on the early ones that the C series ones didn’t have?? I’m so tired I can’t remeber...
No A= 3phase 4M blower.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 pm 

No A= 3phase 4M blower.
“A” just means 3 phase bud. The A series B series and C series are different designs of bolts but the phase models are just A for 3 ph and B for single. My baby is a 3ph 1000A that used a 5M.