The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:28 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:13 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 378
Real Name: Jacob
YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
Location: Missouri
This was recorded thanks to the fire chief so this is my first video so I will make a better one when they do battery testing next month. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwFoDum ... e=youtu.be

_________________
Your siren nut from southwestern Missouri.And good at identifying sirens.what my town has two 2001-SRNBs one thunderbolt 1000A
and one 2001-130 and a rare siren hunter gridface thunderbolts RE-1600s Chryslers Etc. Im also now on Discord!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:44 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm
Posts: 1702
Real Name: Christian Long
Location: Wonderful Western Oregon.
Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.

_________________
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:15 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 378
Real Name: Jacob
YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
Location: Missouri
coastalsyrolover wrote: *
Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.
They seemed equally loud until I rolled down the window with the SRNB facing me that almost made me deaf. And sorry this was the other Marshfield Bolt that had bad bearings.

_________________
Your siren nut from southwestern Missouri.And good at identifying sirens.what my town has two 2001-SRNBs one thunderbolt 1000A
and one 2001-130 and a rare siren hunter gridface thunderbolts RE-1600s Chryslers Etc. Im also now on Discord!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:50 pm 
Offline
Developer
Developer
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 1:51 am
Posts: 1287
Real Name: Tyler Brasher
YouTube Username: Thunderbolt10031
Location: Shelby, AL
jacob585 wrote: *
coastalsyrolover wrote: *
Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.
They seemed equally loud until I rolled down the window with the SRNB facing me that almost made me deaf. And sorry this was the other Marshfield Bolt that had bad bearings.
If it had a bearing problem, It wouldn't take that long for it to wind down. It would wind down really freaking fast.

_________________
My knowledge excels on the Federal Thunderbolt siren and SiraTone EOWS sirens. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:18 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm
Posts: 1702
Real Name: Christian Long
Location: Wonderful Western Oregon.
Tyler wrote: *
jacob585 wrote: *
coastalsyrolover wrote: *
Which one of them seemed louder? Lol! Also the bearings sounded fine to me. Maybe it’s the speakers I’m listening through but the bolt sounded pretty healthy.
They seemed equally loud until I rolled down the window with the SRNB facing me that almost made me deaf. And sorry this was the other Marshfield Bolt that had bad bearings.
If it had a bearing problem, It wouldn't take that long for it to wind down. It would wind down really freaking fast.
And it would not want to hold its pitch very well.

_________________
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 378
Real Name: Jacob
YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
Location: Missouri
It was the other T-bolt I was thinking of.

_________________
Your siren nut from southwestern Missouri.And good at identifying sirens.what my town has two 2001-SRNBs one thunderbolt 1000A
and one 2001-130 and a rare siren hunter gridface thunderbolts RE-1600s Chryslers Etc. Im also now on Discord!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:09 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 378
Real Name: Jacob
YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
Location: Missouri
More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.

_________________
Your siren nut from southwestern Missouri.And good at identifying sirens.what my town has two 2001-SRNBs one thunderbolt 1000A
and one 2001-130 and a rare siren hunter gridface thunderbolts RE-1600s Chryslers Etc. Im also now on Discord!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:44 am 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm
Posts: 1702
Real Name: Christian Long
Location: Wonderful Western Oregon.
jacob585 wrote: *
More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.
Even more news: if it was installed in 56 and it didn’t sound like it had the pulsating sound, I think it’s safe to assume it had the early A2 setup. A 5M blower with a... capacitor start rotator? No not a capacitor what was the thing that the rotator motor had on the early ones that the C series ones didn’t have?? I’m so tired I can’t remeber...

_________________
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:24 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:43 pm
Posts: 378
Real Name: Jacob
YouTube Username: Jacobmaster121
Location: Missouri
coastalsyrolover wrote: *
jacob585 wrote: *
More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.
Even more news: if it was installed in 56 and it didn’t sound like it had the pulsating sound, I think it’s safe to assume it had the early A2 setup. A 5M blower with a... capacitor start rotator? No not a capacitor what was the thing that the rotator motor had on the early ones that the C series ones didn’t have?? I’m so tired I can’t remeber...
No A= 3phase 4M blower.

_________________
Your siren nut from southwestern Missouri.And good at identifying sirens.what my town has two 2001-SRNBs one thunderbolt 1000A
and one 2001-130 and a rare siren hunter gridface thunderbolts RE-1600s Chryslers Etc. Im also now on Discord!


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 pm 
Offline
Registered User
Registered User
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:01 pm
Posts: 1702
Real Name: Christian Long
Location: Wonderful Western Oregon.
jacob585 wrote: *
coastalsyrolover wrote: *
jacob585 wrote: *
More news The siren was installed in 1956. it is a Federal Sign And Signal Thunderbolt 1000A.
Even more news: if it was installed in 56 and it didn’t sound like it had the pulsating sound, I think it’s safe to assume it had the early A2 setup. A 5M blower with a... capacitor start rotator? No not a capacitor what was the thing that the rotator motor had on the early ones that the C series ones didn’t have?? I’m so tired I can’t remeber...
No A= 3phase 4M blower.
“A” just means 3 phase bud. The A series B series and C series are different designs of bolts but the phase models are just A for 3 ph and B for single. My baby is a 3ph 1000A that used a 5M.

_________________
Own and love a Thunderbolt 1000 and a Model 5.

I have many hobbies and interests. And I love them all.

Christian, Lima, Oscah, November, Golf.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 »

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited