The Siren Board

Discussion of Outdoor Warning Systems
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:58 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:34 pm 

YouTube Username: ShowMeSirens130

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Xbm2uETwo

Today, I went to Carthage, MO to film this Federal Signal 508-128. This would be my first 508 recording and I'd say I was quite impressed how loud it was. I also forgot my ear protection so I was forced to cover my ears unfortunately. Sirens in Carthage are tested monthly on the second Wednesday at 10 AM (weather permitting).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeNPJixRdJQ

After the filming the 508-128, I went to Pittsburg, KS to film this Whelen WPS-2907. This siren replaced a Thunderbolt which is located not far from it near the aquatic center. The test was rescheduled for today since the first Wednesday was a holiday. Sirens in Pittsburg are tested monthly on the first Wednesday at 12 PM (weather permitting).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:40 am 

Nice recordings! Is that Thunderbolt near the Whelen you recorded still in place? It was still active last time I was down there for a test so I'm wondering if it finally kicked the bucket. They were both located incredibly close to each other for active sirens back then.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:30 pm 

YouTube Username: ShowMeSirens130
EOWS 612 wrote: *
Nice recordings! Is that Thunderbolt near the Whelen you recorded still in place? It was still active last time I was down there for a test so I'm wondering if it finally kicked the bucket. They were both located incredibly close to each other for active sirens back then.
Thanks! It was still up when I was down there, but it didn't sound or rotated durning the test. I checked after the test to see if it rotated, but it was still in the same position as before. I do have a few pictures of it, but I'm having some trouble attaching them. So I'll try to post them later if I can.