MCS2020

YouTube Username: MidCentralSirens2020

Garden City SD 1003 to be saved

Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:16 am

Well, after years of just sitting there, I was able to get in contact with the new CCEM director (a sheriff's deputy) and I was given the number of the city of Garden City's fire chief.

Now this siren has become a safety issue as the platform blower pad is now warped and starting to crack from years of rain and snow and ice, the chief said he wanted to just simply push it off the pad but I said that wouldn't work because it still bolted to the pole, two, it would end up taking the SSI 3V8-H down with it.

I made a deal with him, if I could get it down, the siren is mine to keep so now I have the task of somehow getting it down. Electric companies are out cause they charge thousands by the mile and $30+ in hourly man hours, I can't afford that so with the help of the CCEM he suggested that we contact 2 farmers with tractors one with a scoop and one with fork tines.

Which wasn't a bad idea, wish I thought of it earlier. LOL

Second note: many of you have seen the GC SSI 3V8-H before and what it looks now, well here's a short story of how the horns got that way, shortly after installation, a severe storm rolled through and they said a couple of huge branches dented the two horns and they simply left it that way.
I know "why not call sentry?" when I called about replacement horns they quoted me 400.00 for the two horns since its no longer in warranty. there's not many people in town anymore as many have moved away or aged out. It has a CD&F timer.

Wish me luck

dispatcherman

Re: Garden City SD 1003 to be saved

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:31 am

Best of luck!!
Dale(dispatcherman)...

Snowcube
YouTube Username: Snowcube
Discord: lumex

Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:42 am

Nice to hear a Thunderbolt is getting saved! How long has it been inactive before this?
I have an unhealthy obsession with mini sirens.
Thingiverse page

MCS2020

YouTube Username: MidCentralSirens2020

Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 am

The chief really don't know, he guesses before the 90s

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”