red04stanggt

Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:43 pm

Wow dude just WOW. You make the best videos ever! now I really have a good idea how these thunderbolts operate. I liked the blower video better than the other one lol. I want a UP CLOSE video of that allerter going off you have up there. those things are just fascinating to me. We have some here in kansas but i only see them when im running trains through small towns in BFE. Ive never heard one in person. I think they look scary

Justin

Re: Thunderbolt 1000 (1/2 Horn) | Blower/Motor and Alert Sig

Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:47 am

Very cool indeed. Thanks for sharin' Derek.
DjT1003 wrote:The fire chief had the horn cut to produce a louder signal output.
Odd. I'm no audiophile but wouldn't that have an adverse effect on the pitch? Considering that the horn itself (from supplementary material that I've read) could act as a tuning fork for the sound that the siren produced...? It does sound a little off to me, but that could just be the settings within the Thunderbolt itself.
It only looks like the last couple of centimetres of the horn was axed, I can still see the gauze in there.

Interesting to see the blower in action too. I was expecting it to be loud but not that beasty (if that even qualifies as a word). :)

Return to “Videos and Media”