traintraveler

Re: Advice For Newer Enthusiasts?

Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:14 pm

MattDean1003 wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 10:07 pm
I didn't realize I was bumping a year old thread, my apologies! Yes, it's one of the old Gainesville units. A few people have reached out to try and purchase it from me, but shipping this behemoth across the United States is going to absolutely cost a fortune, and the fiberglass housings have seen better days-fiberglass doesn't last forever out in the elements.
Off-topic, I know, but I have sent you a PM regarding the siren.
High Hoods!
Lord knows I can't change
Lord, help me, I can't change
Lord, I can't change
Won't you fly high, free bird, yeah

T-BoltLover55

Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:40 pm

If you are wanting to make a siren map on Google, a few tips here might help.
1: Making a siren map with one person is easier when you are trying to make a map of a state of the U.S.A or a Canadian province, but it still takes time.
2: To find sirens, I would usually check every fire/police/EMS department in a town, and then look for shadows on aerial view that have distinct siren shapes on top of them.
3: If you find a siren, then drop down on Street View, and if you do see the siren, mark it down. If you don't see the siren, but see it on aerial view, mark it down too.

And when it comes to finding out information about sirens, I just watch some (too many) videos of sirens. That is how I found out most of what I know about sirens today.
I love Thunderbolts!

KidCrazer14

YouTube Username: WarningSirensofUpstateNY

Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:13 pm

Hello, new siren enthusiast and welcome to the community.
I know this has probably been said time and time again on this post but it is very important:

WEAR HEARING PROTECTION PLEASE!!!

Sirens are obviously extremely loud, so play it safe if you don't want to have hearing problems in the future.
Now go enjoy the incredible civil defense machines!
I'm from Rensselaer County, NY, where we have a wide variety of sirens!

Fanman
YouTube Username: Sirens and Fans27

Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:16 pm

Hi, I'm new here and this advice page will help A LOT... I don't have a nice camera like all you guys have. I just use my phone to record siren tests, and the only tests I have are the 2001-130 where I live.

I'm glad this website is a thing, it's super cool to have a site designated to just sirens. :D
I'm a siren enthusiast but I also collect electric fans

Now I have 8 small sirens, and 47 electric fans :D

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”