Hand Crank Siren Guy
New User

I was given my first siren from my boss!

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:00 pm

It is this manual crank siren! https://www.amazon.com/YaeGarden-Manual ... 46&sr=8-10 I really like it and want to get a vixen horns hand crank siren to accompany it one day.

Adam S
New User

Re: I was given my first siren from my boss!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm

Does yours have a backwards rotor like mine? I got one of these from Amazon, and when cranked in the expected direction (clockwise, as seen from the back), the rotor turns the same way as the crank. The problem is, the vanes on the rotor (the "L" shapes) are facing the wrong direction for how the rotor ends up turning. The outer (circumferential) part of the vane, which actually blocks the stator port, is supposed to trail behind the radial part, but it leads. The result is that the sound is a bit thinner than it ought to be, which is made obvious by cranking the siren the wrong way (slowly, to avoid unscrewing the handle) and noticing how much louder it sounds :-/

So, what I did is 3D print a new rotor and stator, to make a dual-tone hand crank siren! The improved siren has a 10/12 port arrangement. I'll try to make a movie clip of it when I get a free moment.
modified_hand_siren.jpg
modified_hand_siren.jpg (537.24 KiB) Viewed 1928 times

C0mmanche

YouTube Username: Vyclops

Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:37 pm

Adam S wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:24 pm
Does yours have a backwards rotor like mine? I got one of these from Amazon, and when cranked in the expected direction (clockwise, as seen from the back), the rotor turns the same way as the crank. The problem is, the vanes on the rotor (the "L" shapes) are facing the wrong direction for how the rotor ends up turning. The outer (circumferential) part of the vane, which actually blocks the stator port, is supposed to trail behind the radial part, but it leads. The result is that the sound is a bit thinner than it ought to be, which is made obvious by cranking the siren the wrong way (slowly, to avoid unscrewing the handle) and noticing how much louder it sounds :-/

So, what I did is 3D print a new rotor and stator, to make a dual-tone hand crank siren! The improved siren has a 10/12 port arrangement. I'll try to make a movie clip of it when I get a free moment.

modified_hand_siren.jpg
May I ask where you got the printer filament (it looks cool), and also have you gotten a video of it yet?
wee woo liker
not near any sirens
how did i get here
:shock:
i see everyone talk about how they own 8375839 thunderbolts in here but i don't own any sirens

carolinasignalco

Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:10 pm

Is that a powerwheel gear motor? Also is that pla youre printing in? Printer name? Layer height? Looks like quite the unit!
Proud owner of the Carolina Signal co, a mini siren manufacturing company.
I dont check my email!! please dont email me about mini sirens. i only respond to pms. (sorry) get used to typos

Return to “Other Warning Systems - Indoor, Outdoor and Vehicular”