HX56
YouTube Username: HX56

Re: What the 8/12 siren in Stanvac was

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:52 am

SOLVED

I recently came across this video on YouTube, which shows a 8/12 port, WW2 siren made by Klaxon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ZomBysu20

Whilst the model name is not known yet (I asked in the comments), this matches up very very closely with the siren at Port Stanvac. Too, whilst we don't have a confirmed location, further evidence of this being the model is provided by a worker recounting seeing a Klaxon branded siren controller when the site and siren were still operational.

Klaxon has been a big siren distributor / seller in Australia for many many years, which is why I draw the conclusion of this being the model used at Port Stanvac.
Siren Enthusiast from Australia since 2012. Designer of the KEYTROL-K4 Siren Controller.

sirensandfirealarms
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: SuperSirex127
Discord: SuperSirex127#3917

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:55 pm

Well I guess that also answers the question of what the siren at the Maiden Newton at War event was. I always wondered who built it.
Proud owner of 4 Model As(all in a state of disrepair), a USI siren, and a 16-port rotor from a Sterling M-10.

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:17 pm

I assumed they were manufactured by Carter since there are so many in Portugal. But it does make sense that Klaxon produced them.

Return to “Community Systems”