Re: Mystery siren in Eden Prairie MN

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 pm

Mrmeowmeowclaw wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:48 pm
championsiren wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 5:40 pm
Mrmeowmeowclaw wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:53 pm
I think this may not be an ACA product. If you listen to it and compare the difference to a sentry defender, they sound the exact same. Also, their rotor mechanisms work the exact same way. Also, the defender has an intake cone just like a penetrator. There is a very high chance that I am wrong, But when you compare the 2 side by side, The mechanics work very similarly. Also one more thing. On the defender, It has about the same size rotator box like the one back up in this forum. Just the one on this forum has a longer backbox. Another thing is when someone said there was a damper on the red one but it didn't. You can hear the exact same door shut on the defender. I hope someone who knows a lot can help me.
This is not a defender. We've already solved the mystery, it's a PN-15/PP-15/Perf+15/whatever the hell you call it.
The intake is thicker on the defender.
The defender has a different rotator system entirely. The defender's rotating parts are inside the box, while the Perf+15 has a similar rotator system to a T-128, and any enthusiast that knows what T-128 guts look like can say that these two are completely different.
The Perf+15 doesn't even have a backbox! It has a hood that covers the motor and the rotator guts and collector rings.
The horn on this is flat like that of a P-10/15, not sloped upwards.
The SS-3 was made after the Penetrators. ACA went bankrupt in 1991 and was purchased by Hormann America, which sold the PN-15 under the name RM-127, and then they replaced it with the T-128. I believe the SS-3 was sold in the mid-2000s and went out in the late-2000s/early-2010s.
Please research before you post, so you can make a more educated answer...
With all that said, I'll state again that this is in no way shape, or form an SS-3.
In case you were not dumb and didn't read anything I posted and give me negative karma, They sound the exact same, and the rotator works the exact same as a sentry defender. Another thing is that you can see where they extended the red one. The sentry defender's rotator box is below the siren. But the one in Eden Prairie is extended with no rotator box below. ACA never made a siren with a rotator box that tall or slim. Sentry made their defenders with a round back or square back. I think it's a modified defender with an ACA intake and projector. Also one more thing. The defender has the same startup click as the one in Eden Prairie. And I have only seen this on sentry sirens. And this is the last thing. ACA rarely made mechanical sirens pared with DC sirens. So you cant say im wrong cause you have no proof of backing your stuff up.
Do you realize everything you have said here isn't backed up either? You have no proof. This is stupid, baseless speculation. You got negative karma because that is what the community here believed you deserved. And slamming championsiren and calling him dumb like that? Not cool. Moderators, please have a say in this

The board is NOT i repeat NOT for drama. this is extremely immature and unsophisticated
Sirens may not be sexy, but they sure work.

Model L
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
YouTube Username: Egress
Discord: Egress.

Re: Mystery siren in Eden Prairie MN

Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:37 pm

I think we're done here. It's pretty clear this siren *isn't* a defender and I don't want a big argument over this. topic locked.
Resident of Beaverton, Oregon
Proud owner of 2 Model L's and a 1984 WS-3000 serial # 717
19 years old
want to chat? send me a request on discord: Egress.#7444 or DM me

Return to “Mystery Sirens”