Josh_S
YouTube Username: WI Fox Valley Lifts and Alarms

SirenCon 2022!

Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:47 am

Hey everybody, I hope you all are doing well! It is time to post the details for next years SirenCon. For those who missed last years sticky post, SirenCon is the premier meetup for siren enthusiasts across the country. Hosted one weekend a year at beautiful Camp Tesomas it is one event you will not want to miss! The 2021 meetup was the largest siren enthusiast event held to date yet, and 2022 is looking to be bigger yet! I have a few details I would like to share with you, along with the 2021 BTS.

What: SirenCon 2022. A weekend where you can come, bring a single/three phase siren to run if you have one, and/or just hang out!
When: June 4th and 5th, 2022
Where: Tesomas Scout Camp - 5403 Spider Lake Road - Rhinelander, WI
Cost: The event is FREE. There is no charge to attend SirenCon! You will be given a web link to purchase a T-Shirt if you would like. There is a minimal lodging fee for cabin rentals, RV space, or a private group campsite. Donations directly to the camp for lodging, or to the SirenCon food fund are accepted - however these are NOT required!!
Food: We will have a good old fashioned cookout Saturday night, and doughnuts/OJ on Sunday morning. Everyone is encouraged to bring their own water/soda and snacks as these will not be provided.
Lodging: Lodging will be provided for those who seek it. There is a minimal fee associated with cabin rentals, RV parking, or private campsites. The camp has shower/bathroom houses located at two points that we can use. Each campsite is equipped with a toilet stall and covered shelter. If you wish to attend both days, but wish to have more comfortable accommodations there are hotels located in Rhinelander, a 10 minute drive from Tesomas.
RSVP: There will be a link for RSPV's posted in this thread no later than 01/01/2022. YOU MUST RSPV BY MAY 20TH, 2022!
Sirens: We will have a 1/3 phase generator to use during the siren sounding. For the event to run smoothly, please ensure all your control wiring is done prior to the event. Please note which wire is L1, L2, L3 for three phase 240V sirens, and L1, L2, and N for single phase sirens.

Itinerary:
Saturday, June 4th:
10AM - Overnight Registration - Fees Due If Applicable, Siren Staging
11AM - Welcome Message, Event Overview/Ground Rules, Group Picture, Siren Staging
12PM - Siren Soundings - Free Time Follows
6PM - Group Dinner - Free Time Follows
Sunday, June 5th -
8AM - Continental Style Breakfast, Located In Hilltop Lounge - Free Time Follows
At any point on Sunday, please clean your area before you leave. Garbage bags can be left outside of the Hilltop Lounge for disposal. We must leave camp no later than 3PM.

Rules: To promote a friendly and safe environment please adhere to the following rules:
-Please respect the grounds we are invading! Everyone will be expected to leave the grounds clean. All garbage will need to be collected and left outside the Hilltop Lounge before you leave.
-Please leave your personal baggage at the door! We are all here to have fun! Anyone causing a ruckus will be asked to leave immediately.
-If you are under the age of 18 you MUST be accompanied by a parent or adult at all times.
-If you are under the age of 18 and attending by yourself, you will need a parental release, and will be provided a dedicated buddy upon arrival. We ask that parents attend whenever possible! This is a great experience for all, and a great opportunity for parents to socialize with other enthusiasts’ parents.
-Please note, smoking is allowed in designated areas only! There is NO alcohol, weapons, or drugs allowed on site AT ANY TIME on Tesomas Grounds due to Scout Camp rules.
-Attendees are responsible for themselves and their own safety at all times.

I will post further updates below, but this year should be pretty epic! Hope to see you all there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoE5Q-CT-4
Proud owner of a ATI HPSS16R, a Whelen Hornet, and an ASC T-128ACDC

JasonC
Administrator
Administrator
YouTube Username: Jsncrso

Re: SirenCon 2022!

Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm

This sounds like a blast! Post stickie'd.

StormanCharlie
YouTube Username: Same as username

Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:03 pm

How many years do you think SirenCon will go on for? Cause I'm really hoping I can go by at least 2025.
16, and learning more every day

Josh_S

Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:06 am

StormanCharlie wrote:
How many years do you think SirenCon will go on for? Cause I'm really hoping I can go by at least 2025.
I do not know how many years SirenCon will go on for currently, or if I will pass the torch in the future. Currently there are no plans to end the annual SirenCon however that could change. The best bet for folks this year is to try and come if they can!

BGE1012AUS
Discord: @ashifox#1649

Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:54 am

I’m glad to hear there are no plans on ending SirenCon , Although it brings up the question, should one start a siren convention in their own country?Either way, good luck and happy noisemaking to all of those that are attending
Cheers and happy noisemaking!
Adam

Owner of:
2 (1 220v & 1 240v) Sirena Celere BA’s
1 Sirena 110v Mini Celere
1 Federal signal model AR timer
1(hopefully coming) Vavodskoy type S-28 (made in USSR)
1 Federal electric longlegs model 2

Reactor Cat
YouTube Username: mrmeowmeowclaw

Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:01 pm

I'm excited. Couldn't go last year but I hope this year will be a blast.
I like snowmobiles and sirens. Who likes snowmobiles. I own a Skidoo Safari 447. Rare engine indeed. Want proof. DM me on discord. Contact ReactorCat#1004 :D :)

Josh_S

Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:22 am

BGE1012AUS wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:54 am
I’m glad to hear there are no plans on ending SirenCon , Although it brings up the question, should one start a siren convention in their own country?Either way, good luck and happy noisemaking to all of those that are attending
I highly encourage it if possible, it is a great way to meet enthusiasts that you normally might not be able to meet!
Mrmeowmeowclaw wrote: I'm excited. Couldn't go last year but I hope this year will be a blast.
We will be very glad to have you! It's going to be quite a great one this year!

Ohio_Warning_Sirens
YouTube Username: Ohio Outdoor Warning Sirens
Discord: Ohio Outdoor Warning Sirens

Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:58 am

Josh_S wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:06 am
StormanCharlie wrote:
I do not know how many years SirenCon will go on for currently, or if I will pass the torch in the future. Currently there are no plans to end the annual SirenCon however that could change. The best bet for folks this year is to try and come if they can!
Starting in 2023 I should be able to help out more with the event since I will be able to drive
Owner of a Model D and some random junk.
Currently looking to own a siren so hit me up if you're selling one

Chicagosiren-hunters
YouTube Username: Midwest Siren Productions
Discord: MegaSparkMach.3

Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:01 pm

You better believe I’m gonna make it up there! Hopefully I can start restoring my 2 before then!
Proud owner of a Fedelcode Mach. 3 (dual rotor), Model 2, 3 A’s, 2 D’s, J, 76A, Interstate Machines F, Sparton 35, & Darley C987
>>> Track Forward >>>
24, engineer, and has an affinity for old sirens!

Josh_S

Wed Dec 29, 2021 4:36 am

The RSPV is now open! Please RSVP no later than May 20th, 2022! Thanks all!
https://forms.gle/d4Kx1f9RE7w85fRL9

Return to “Main Outdoor Warning Sirens Board”