freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

1-5-22 Moore's Mill Volunteer Fire Department 2001-SRNB Siren Short Alert Test, Moore's Mill, AL

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERtYsSjSDsc

Today, I went up to Moore's Mill to record the siren at the fire department there for Madison County's monthly test. I'd originally thought this was a 2001-130 (as the 2007 street view imagery here doesn't show a siren), but it turns out this is actually a 2001-SRNB, likely one of the last SRNBs installed in the county. As such, this also means that the 2001-130 at Palmer Road in Madison was installed before this siren was, which is interesting to think about. Otherwise, this was a pretty typical Madison County test, with about 20 seconds of alert followed by a silent test for the 2001s around the county, which will most likely all be getting replaced later this year.

Madison County, AL tests on the 1st Wednesday of every month at noon, weather permitting. If the test is unable to be conducted on the 1st Wednesday, it's then delayed to the 2nd Wednesday of the month at noon, weather permitting.

Madison County, AL Siren Map:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LIKGe ... sp=sharing
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

ACAAllertorManiac
YouTube Username: AllertorSiren05

Re: 1-5-22 Moore's Mill Volunteer Fire Department 2001-SRNB Siren Short Alert Test, Moore's Mill, AL

Wed Jan 05, 2022 11:43 pm

I wonder how is it possible that they would install a 130 then later a SRNB. If there was no siren there in 2007, and the SRNB was discontinued in 2006, then it would’ve had to have been a 130 if the siren was brand new. Perhaps it was an older siren from 2006 or earlier they put there?

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Re: 1-5-22 Moore's Mill Volunteer Fire Department 2001-SRNB Siren Short Alert Test, Moore's Mill, AL

Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:36 am

ACAAllertorManiac wrote:
I wonder how is it possible that they would install a 130 then later a SRNB. If there was no siren there in 2007, and the SRNB was discontinued in 2006, then it would’ve had to have been a 130 if the siren was brand new. Perhaps it was an older siren from 2006 or earlier they put there?
It could be a surplus unit the dealer had. The dealer that installed Nuke Plant sirens around me (ANS) did not install new T-128s, but installed surplus older T-128s to replace 2001-130s.
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

freebrickproductions
YouTube Username: freebrickproductions

Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:10 pm

championsiren wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:36 am
ACAAllertorManiac wrote:
It could be a surplus unit the dealer had. The dealer that installed Nuke Plant sirens around me (ANS) did not install new T-128s, but installed surplus older T-128s to replace 2001-130s.
I'm guessing it was one that the county already had on hand, or maybe even have been some new old stock the local Federal Signal dealer (Huntsville Radio, IIRC, now defunct) still had.
Collector of railroad crossing equipment, traffic lights, and fans.
I'm 20 years old and a Huntsville, AL native.

Friends don't let friends post videos with tones.

Return to “Videos and Media”