SDsirenman
YouTube Username: NorthCentralSirens

South Dakota Severe Weather Awareness Week

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:22 am

Well yesterday was a cursed day for me, went to Hayti where my good camera got knocked off its tripod due to winds and knocked the lens moving mechnism off its rail, i fixed that but got nothing out of the video.
The second camera was in Estelline where I placed a camera by the downtown siren but the memory card or the camera decided to not work and cut out just as the siren started so I got....Nothing...AGAIN.
I headed home and decided to see if the 1000T was still there aannd it wasn't replaced with a SRNB I was like CURSES so I hung out trying to decide on what to hit up, well I decided to hit up the 612 by the Ramada Hotel on the West side.

I set up and it was 5 minute wait and the I set up both cameras for the typical shots and my audio recorder aaaand...CURSES both camera's STILL didn't want to work for me, I only got a audio recording of the test

So that was a cursed day for me, all that effort, all that time, all that gas for one recording? not my best day
So heres the video
https://youtu.be/fwJ5ToHODRE

Admendment

Well not all hope was lost, I found a copy on the cards B role section I guess the camera dumped everything to the back up section of the memory card and thats where I found this
[youtube]https://youtu.be/rc6s_yNo0bc[/youtube]
Last edited by SDsirenman on Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

championsiren
YouTube Username: Position Light Productions
Discord: Same as my YT #6187

Re: South Dakota Severe Weather Awareness Week

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:16 pm

Sorry to hear about it mate... we've all had our fair share of disappointments.
For example, I went to a 3T22 that was said to do a noon whistle. 5-hour round trip. (I could have just gone to Smyrna, but at the time I didn't know it existed). For one, my camera ran out of memory, and for two, nothing happened.
And, I went to a Sterling last November. It was pouring, like 20 degrees, and windy. Siren was a no-go. (I could have walked up to the station and pressed the button, but that's, like, illegal or something. :lol: )
Better luck next time. :)
"Someday soon we'll stop to ponder what on earth's this spell we're under...
We made the grade and still we wonder who the hell we are..."
-Styx, from The Grand Illusion

Return to “Videos and Media”